300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working at the jail

I've heard of a lot of people working at a county jail before they go on the road as a police officer. Or they work at the jail while waiting to go to the academy. My question is, does everyone have to work at a county jail at some point before they become a police officer or waiting to go to the academy?
    Also, do most departments in Georgia let you take your squad car home after a shift?
    Thanks,
    -Loran
    Police Officer. Uniform patrol. Metro Atlanta area.

"...and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by LCrabtree View Post
    My question is, does everyone have to work at a county jail at some point before they become a police officer or waiting to go to the academy?
    Depends on the agency. Most places, no. But, they should
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Not to be police officer,but to be a sheriffs deputy you more than likely
      will have to work in jail prior to hitting the road. This isnt always the case
      it just depends. Its all about what terms your on with the cheif. Its all about
      who you know to get anywhere in this field.

Comment

Out here in CA most Sheriff's Deputies start out in the jails and/or courts, then move out to patrol. The P.D.s just hit the streets. Pros & cons either way, I'm just happy to be getting a paycheck
        LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Thanks alot everyone! Very helpfull, i think i've decided to go with a police department.
          Police Officer. Uniform patrol. Metro Atlanta area.

"...and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6406 users online. 369 members and 6037 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X