300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for PAT

Can anyone reccomend any workout routine's or programs for preparing for the PAT?

I have several exams on November 15th, and the PAT will be a week or so after it so I'm preparing now.

I've always been active, and work out constantly but usually lack on the cardio side of things. I usually do weight training M-F, but I've been trying to do more cardio.

I need this to pass:

29 Pushups (Weak here)
    39 situps
    1.5 mile run in less than 12:29

Run shouldn't be too bad, but the pushups are killing me.. I can bang out like 15.

I'm 175lbs, 5'10
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Hey,
    I am waiting for the NYPD and even though there are no push up requirements for the physical to get in I am sure there will be some later so I started doing them now. I started barely able to do 1 now I can do about 20 in a minute and thats only after 2 weeks. I started doing push ups on my knees instead of my toes and was able to do more that way. I found this on a military website and it suggests to start this way for a bit and add more every few days. Once you can do a decent amount like this then switch to a regular pushup. You'll be surprised what you'll be able to do.

Good Luck
    Decided against NYPD
    Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
    Interview 2/19/09 Passed
    Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
    BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
    Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
    BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
    Medical ?
    Academy ?

Comment

Oh yeah, try to do this a few times a day not only when you exercise. If you can do it in the AM, at lunch, afternoon, then before bed you'll be great. The more sets the better. I'm a paramedic so whenever I have some down time I drop to the floor and do some push ups and sit ups, at least once an hour.
      Decided against NYPD
      Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
      Interview 2/19/09 Passed
      Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
      BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
      Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
      BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
      Medical ?
      Academy ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5432 users online. 345 members and 5087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X