300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I continue to pursue...

My question is centered on getting hired as a police officer despite my background. The short story is that I’ve been recently disqualified based on apparent instability relative to a few things; recent job changes, past terminations and their surrounding circumstances, poor credit and recent abrupt changes in living situations.

My question is this; is there a chance for hire once my current situation has been stable for a few years (i.e. maintain a track record of gainful employment and a stable living situation, repair the credit issue and finish my college degree) putting distance between myself and my current circumstances, reapplying in a few (3) years?

I’m 33 years old; will a hiring agency be willing to take on a 36 year old basic recruit with a history?

Different agencies have different standards. Without knowing the details of your background nobody on here can really give you a solid answer. The only advice I can give you is to stay on the right track and keep trying.
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

Comment

double post
      Last edited by Fuzz1028; 09-17-2008, 03:51 AM.
      “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
      ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
        Different agencies have different standards. Without knowing the details of your background nobody on here can really give you a solid answer. The only advice I can give you is to stay on the right track and keep trying.
        ^^^ What he said. Flood the entire area with apps. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door.

Comment

Can you be more specific? If you want you can PM me with details. However I can tell you that I was rejected almost 2 dozen times before I got my foot in the door. Good luck
          The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4879 users online. 329 members and 4550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X