Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About my Prescription

Hi all,

I take a 20mg dosage of Lexapro, a prescription drug, and so does my roommate.

He recently ran out of his dosage and asked if he could have a couple of mine until he gets his prescription refilled this Friday.

Thus far I've refused because I do want to be a cop one day and I don't want to be DQ'd for giving out my prescription or whatever.

I was wondering if loaning him a couple of mine is indeed a crime considering he also has the same exact prescription from another doctor.

Thanks
    Poe

I live in California incase that's relevant.

It would be considered delivery of a controlled substance in most places. Which is a felony and auto DQ for most law enforcement jobs.

Comment

No, you can't legally give him your meds.

Comment

Giving your roomate your meds would be unwise, and very probably unlawful.

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
          what does this medicine do? what is it for?
          it is for depression and chronic anxiety

Comment

Originally posted by luckydog View Post
            it is for depression and chronic anxiety

. . . and he wants to be in Law Enforcement?????

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
            "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Multiple felonies here in CA.....

giving ANY prescription drug (even non-scheduled) is a felony.....something along the lines of 'prescribing w/o a license'

giving a scheduled drug just adds bonus charges to the above
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
                what does this medicine do? what is it for?

some of you guys on here are ruthless! so once again you'd rather not hire someone , because in the past, he loaned a pill to make someone stop suffering.
                no, he would be DQed for what he did.....COMMIT A FELONY......as the very old saying goes....'there is no right way to do a wrong thing'......

his friend needs to go get his script refilled.....problem solved.....
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

What he said.

Comment

No need to get all hostile about the possibility of me giving him the pills

I never gave him any of them... I asked the question because I felt bad for him.

And yes I do want to be in law enforcement.... lexapro is for depression yes, but mine is the chemical imbalance sort :]

I'm not going around wanting to commit suicide.... furthermore I'm a completely normal person on the lexapro.

Also I doubt I'll still be on lexapro by the time I apply seeing as I'm only 19 >.>

Comment

Originally posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
                      No need to get all hostile about the possibility of me giving him the pills

I never gave him any of them... I asked the question because I felt bad for him.

And yes I do want to be in law enforcement.... lexapro is for depression yes, but mine is the chemical imbalance sort :]

I'm not going around wanting to commit suicide.... furthermore I'm a completely normal person on the lexapro.

Also I doubt I'll still be on lexapro by the time I apply seeing as I'm only 19 >.>
                      I didn't note any hostility, just the honesty for which cops are pretty well known. You asked a question. You got some honest answers.

Comment

You have made the right choice in not giving your roommate any of your meds. It would be considered delivery of a controlled substance and therefore illegal. It would hinder your chances of getting into law enforcement, even if you were never charged. Many departments give polygraph tests and they typically ask if you have ever committed a felony for which you were not caught.

The bottom line is that if you desire to be a police officer, do what you did in this situation......take the high road every time. Good luck in your pursuit of a LE career.

Comment

You did the right thing.

However, being on an antidepressant may give you some trouble in the hiring process.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                            You did the right thing.

However, being on an antidepressant may give you some trouble in the hiring process.
                            Ya I know... Hopefully I won't be on them by the time I'm in the hiring process.

The whole depression deal is kindof a family history thing and taking these for a few months is supposed to fix the chemical imbalance...

Oh well we'll see... even if I'm somehow on them still it's not going to stop me from giving it my all in trying to get hired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6326 users online. 339 members and 5987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X