300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Cops and Lawyers I Have A Question

I left my job, to find my car door was hit with another car door. There was a note on my window, the manager of my job stated he slipped and his door slammed into my driver door. He left me his number to call him, i called left a message.

I then told my brother, and he told me Florida is a no hit law? Or something like that.. where if he accidently hit my car, his insurance and in court I can't claim any money.

Is this true? He hit my door, and I can't do anything?

Suggestions?

No, this is not true. It sounds like the person that damaged your door actually did the right thing. Should they later change their mind, you have evidence, and they are responsible for covering the cost of repair.

Comment

NOT even close to true, Florida has a no fault law, which goes to medical protection, not liability, if you were to sue, you would win, his letter is a written admission. (wouldnt be worth the cost of court though) just call his insurance, they will confirm with him and pay, if he denies, fax them a copy of the letter, they will pay, get an estimate as well. I used to work in insurance and now am in lawschool.

Best

Comment

So the No Fault Law only goes to medical, so him hitting my car he has to pay with insurance..

Ok thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lawstndtrooper View Post
          NOT even close to true, Florida has a no fault law, which goes to medical protection, not liability, if you were to sue, you would win, his letter is a written admission. (wouldnt be worth the cost of court though) just call his insurance, they will confirm with him and pay, if he denies, fax them a copy of the letter, they will pay, get an estimate as well. I used to work in insurance and now am in lawschool.

Best
          This teacher where I attend said that same thing happend to him, he saw a guy hit his car, police came and police said it was "No fault" and he got 0 money.

Whats the deal with that?

Comment

Like other previous posts, the note is basically a written admission of his fault. If you are expecting some type of report from a law enforcement officer, you won't get one. A door ding is extremely minor damage. Go get an estimate from one of those paintless dent removal services and let your boss know how much it's going to cost. If he was nice enough to leave a note, I'm sure that you won't have any problem getting $50-$100 out of him to repair the damage.
            Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Yeah, I talked to him, he said he will for the damages, just to get a estimate

Comment

I read your post, and the way is was described this was not a traffic crash, more like property damage. Which basically leaves you high and dry for repair of the door dent unless the guy who left the note is a good person and offers to pay for the repairs.

Comment

little dent

CIVIL MATTER - but it isn't worth the cost of filing a civil lawsuit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5884 users online. 309 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X