300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco Police Department

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I have been looking at local agencies all over the country and I noticed that San Francisco is hiring police officers. I am interested in registering for their exam the only problem is I am located across the country.

My question is, does anyone know how selective their hiring process is? I would be willing to fly out to take the exam and I want to if the trip would be worth it. I am a recent college graduate and I have been working in the business field for about a year now. Not sure how I would stack up compare to other applications.

Also, how is the department to work for? I am also considering New York City so I am trying to compare the two.

Thanks in advance for any help.

San Francisco?!?!?!

The chief there is certifiable. She has no business in her position. You want NOTHING to do with SFPD.

Between the two, go with NYPD.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

San Francisco has some great restaurants (the little holes in the wall in Chinatown are usually incredible) and a world-class park (Golden Gate) as well as the NFC champions for this season, but unless you are so far left that B. Hussein Obama looks like Atilla the Hun, you will be really unhappy having to be there every day.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Any feelings on DC?

Comment

I took the exam for them in August, but I have not heard back yet. I have been hearing the job is a little boring though. Is it a good way to maneuver into other federal branches?

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
            San Francisco?!?!?!

The chief there is certifiable. She has no business in her position. You want NOTHING to do with SFPD.

And, the Chief in San Francisco doesn't think it's important she qualify with her service pistol. Hows that for leadership?

Comment

San Francisco?!?!?!

You are a dip ****! (And I am being nice...)
              "Oro En Paz, Fierro En Guerra"
              "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
              - Attributed to both George Orwell and Winston Churchill (unsourced)
              Californian by birth, Cardinals fan by marriage!

Comment

Originally posted by vlasu14 View Post
                Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I have been looking at local agencies all over the country and I noticed that San Francisco is hiring police officers. I am interested in registering for their exam the only problem is I am located across the country.

My question is, does anyone know how selective their hiring process is? I would be willing to fly out to take the exam and I want to if the trip would be worth it. I am a recent college graduate and I have been working in the business field for about a year now. Not sure how I would stack up compare to other applications.

Also, how is the department to work for? I am also considering New York City so I am trying to compare the two.

Thanks in advance for any help.
                Have you compared the pay? Have you compared the benefits?

We now have laterals flocking to our Department. My own Academy class had a LAPD officer with 10 years and a NYPD officer of 10 years, in it.

The Department is great to work for and I wouldn't work anywhere else. We have crazy politicians, and a quirky command staff, but it is a great place to work.

NYPD is a great Department as well, but they have to deal with the same cost of living as the Bay Area, and make about 1/3rd the pay... Which amazes me!

Visit us here: http://sfbayareacops.proboards62.com/index.cgi?

Good luck!
                "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Comment

Originally posted by Nonsequitur View Post
                  You are a dip ****! (And I am being nice...)
                  Youre chief would be proud of you. But it still sucks - not the guys - but the agency, city, polics and population.
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Youre chief would be proud of you. But it still sucks - not the guys - but the agency, city, polics and population.
                    I am being too nice! What happened did you get rejected by the SFPD? Is that why you are so bent out of shape?

I am glad you are such an expert on my Department, all the way from Wyoming! Now, since you have nothing relevant to add why not bow out now while making yourself only sound like a retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
                      I would have a great deal of difficulty respecting the person I work for when they don't hold themselves to the same standard. Failing to qualify isn't that big of a deal. However, failing to qualify for five consecutive years is ridiculous. It also goes to show the position is a political one and not a law enforcement one. Or, that she takes it that way.
                      The chief is appointed by the mayor, not elected by the rank and file. Because our politically appointed chief has never made a felony arrest does not translate to the rest of the agency "sucks".

The Department (Agency) is an outstanding Department with hard working police officers in a very anti-police environment. We are one of the oldest Municipal Police Departments in the country, and despite the hostile work environment, we continue to go to work every day and night.

We are paid well, we have great benefits, and a decent retirement. To judge the agency that patrols the streets of San Francisco, based on the City's politics or administration is both naive and ignorant.

Comment

Does SFPD still allow patrolmen to drink beer at lunch?
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
                          If you have any questions about what my post said please go back and read it. Perhaps you took 1042 Trooper's posts and inadvertently applied them me. He was the one who said "sucks", not me.
                          I quoted you but it wasn't necessarily directed at you. No need to "yell", just a clarification of my stance in this thread. I never see Heather Fong, except on TV or at funerals, and her influence is more as a figurehead (that isn't really supported by the rank and file).

I wasn't overreacting to your post, just expounding on some of the themes that have arisen in this thread; generally attacking my Department based on naivety. Again not directed at you, so for that my apologies.

BTW I am not attached to Heather Fong either if you hadn't read between the lines; I am just trying to sound more neutral about it than just coming out and saying she is an absolute disgrace, but nothing I have any control over.
                          Last edited by Nonsequitur; 09-18-2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                            Does SFPD still allow patrolmen to drink beer at lunch?
                            Are you for real?

Comment

Just my .02, but I don't think anyone here is bad rapping the SFPD guys/gals who get the job done on a daily basis. I certainly realize you guys had nothing to do with the selection of your Chief. My point was, and is, that in continiously failing to qualify with her service weapon, she also fails to provide leadership by example. That's simply an attribute I've always believed in. Apparently that's not a concern shared by Chief Fong. As for the rest of you SFPDguys/gals , keep on doing the great job that you are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5886 users online. 346 members and 5540 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X