300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatcher inquiry

I was listening to a police scanner recently and thought some of the female dispatchers sounded kinda ... well, sexy.
    {insert "you have no life" joke here}
    I was just curious if any of you have thought so as well and if so, did you ever found out if the face matched the voice.
    sigpic....I carry a gun with me because I cant carry a cop...

Yep, we had one some years ago.

On the radio, the sexiest, "catch me-bed me" type of voice that dreams are made of.

The first shift she worked, the guys were all finding (spelled "making up") excuses to go to the office to see what was attached to this voice.

Didn't take long for them to get back out on the road, though, when they saw this 400 pound beauty queen. Yep, I did say 400 pounds, literally. I got up enough nerve once to ask her how much she weighed, and she admitted to 425.

This little darlin' would come to work with a LARGE pizza, a LARGE family sized bag of chips, and a liter bottle of DIET Coke. And pity the poor fool that tried to get one of her chips. And halfway through her shift, there weren't even any crumbs left.

Voices are not always what they seem. (Very good dispatcher, BTW.)

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Usually a big mistake to poop where u eat.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

We've got one (that I know of) dispatcher who's person matches her voice. One of my co-workers is dating her now... so she visits the PD every now and again.

As for the other dispatchers... well, I don't find male voices attractive, and the other female voices are nice to listen to.
        sigpic

Comment

We have one dispatcher with the 1-900 voice. Very cool, very large and very old.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Before coming to LE, my career was in broadcast radio. One of the first lessons I learned in radio and continued into my LE career is don't be fooled by the sound of the voice. The sexier they sound, the uglier they tend to be. I remember as a teenager listening to a particular radio station. One female jock there had the hottest and most sexiest voice one could imagine...then when I was hired by that station, it rained on my parade when I saw that she was so big she had to go through the door sideways.

Comment

I've seen it both ways. Plain Jane voice and a babe - orgasm inducing voice and she used to be a guy.

One, told me to take a hike when I asked her out - that she was not impressed in any with me, my badge or my position.

We have now been married 23 years. She left the 911 center and has been teaching school now for 18 years.

Eh ... she still ain't too impressed
              The All New
              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Unfortunately a job where you sit at a desk for 8-10 hours, doing shift work, dealing with the stress of the radio/phones,etc does not usually equate to a hard body babe. Many, many cool and fun people, but not what I would be attracted to. And when a new thin, pretty dispatcher starts the running joke is how long it will take to balloon up.

Comment

the nice voice is alwayse sending me into bad situations
                  In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

Thanks for the honest and humorous replies! I will keep them in mind the next chance I get to listen in on your work, and I'll try not to get too excited

've seen it both ways. Plain Jane voice and a babe - orgasm inducing voice and she used to be a guy.

One, told me to take a hike when I asked her out - that she was not impressed in any with me, my badge or my position.

We have now been married 23 years. She left the 911 center and has been teaching school now for 18 years.

Eh ... she still ain't too impressed
                    and 1042 trooper, congrats!
                    I guess persistence paid off..well, they say cops always get their man... er, or woman!

Comment

Just thought it was a little ironic in case any of you missed this...

http://www.officer.com/online/articl...ion=1&id=43324

Comment

at this moment in time my dept has about 2 that are good looking and dateable. And there is this girl that used to work for my dept but she moved to another one and she is a cutie that I am talking with and would like to start dating. And she has been a dispatcher for 4 years now and looks just as good when she started. the rest are the "bigger" size.
                        Why do people think they have the right not to listen when they are told to roll a window down or unlock a door?

Comment

I'm a dispatcher, and have to admit that some voices do sound great on the air. Mine isn't one of them, nor am I female. I have a matter of fact voice and tell the facts that need to be told on the air. I speak in a low volume and don't get excited, as there is no need to on the air.

Comment

Spears you have to admit. There are more than a few groovy females that work in dispatch with you. I have errr, ahhh, seen them........
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                              Spears you have to admit. There are more than a few groovy females that work in dispatch with you. I have errr, ahhh, seen them........
                              I know what you speak of, possibly, but shall admit nothing of the sort in person

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6373 users online. 357 members and 6016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X