Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Questions

Hello everyone,
    I am writing a book about my grandfather he was cop, detective, deputy, etc. The book is about the crazy, funny, scary people he arrested and everything he went through as a cop and its also about cops in general and what their life is like and stuff like that. Since he passed away i cant ask him more questions and i just wanna ask some questions that will help me with my book.

Whats a cops biggest fear on the job?

What do you wish people would try to understand about being a cop?

What really happens in a cop car?

For all you older cops that have been there a long time....what kind of protection was there back then?

How hard is it to have a family and be a cop?

Do you ever bring ur work home with you like if u had a bad day or u were almost killed do u bring that emotion home with u and does it effect ur family??
    Last edited by StacyJeannn; 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM. Reason: to try and make clearer

Don't take this the wrong way, but a non-cop writing a book about cops probably just isn't going to work. But i'll shoot.

Biggest fear - urgent no way to get out of it call right in the middle of your code brown run

What do we wish people understood? We care. Really we do. But seriously, stop talking.

What happens in a cop car? A lot of typing, a lot of driving, a lot of boredom

Sorry I'm young.

Is it hard to have a family and be a cop? Only if you have a narrow urethra.

Do I bring my work home with me? Yes, I bring my arrestees home for dinner at least once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by StacyJeannn View Post
      Whats a cops biggest fear?
      For me it's an evil clown on a shark throwing spiders at me.

When I'm putting food into my mouth I'm on break and hearing about your neighbor's loud cat can wait a few minutes.

Bow-chica-bow-bow....

For all you older cops that have been there a long time....what kind of protection was there back then?
      Protection? Protection against what? If it's bullets I'm still partial to hitting the deck.

I went into the job with the attitude that if the two ever clash, the job will go.

Do you ever bring ur work home with you?
      Only my handcuffs....Bow-chica-bow-bow....

Comment

Whats a cops biggest fear on the job?
        Getting jacked up for something he did not do. and being screwed by his Dept.

The simple act of using a public restroom while armed is more frustrating than anything most civilians do on a daily basis. Cut us slack.

Coffee, Sunflower seeds. Talking to your buddie about moving to a different Dept.

As easy as you make it.

Do you ever bring ur work home with you like if u had a bad day or u were almost killed do u bring that emotion home with u and does it effect ur family??
        Some of us can compartmentalize, some cannot.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5438 users online. 310 members and 5128 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X