Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worst thing you've seen as an LEO?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worst thing you've seen as an LEO?

Seeing as I'm almost halfway through the process of becoming a Philly LEO I can't help but wonder just how often LEO's come across a crime scene that just completely appalls or disgusts them. So besides the usual dead or abused child (which pretty much disgusts anyone with a soul) what is the worst thing you as cops have seen. Have you ever come across a crime scene that looks like something straight out of a horror film, have you ever seen anything that just makes you completely question the world or nature (outside of the usual degree of scumbags and general human filth int his world).

Basically what I want to know is is there any merit whatsoever in stuff like what you would see in a movie? I'm not a sicko or anything and while I've seen my fair share of dead bodies (mom used to work in a mortuary and I am prior service military) I just want to know if at the end of the day on any given shift I will be haunted by anything I would see on the job. FYI I'm not easily scared or disturbed and I'm far from squeamish.

A 2 week old baby that had been microwaved for 5 minutes.

Comment

triple fatal mvc. knew one of the vics.

Comment

There are two things that stick out most in my mind. The first is a two year old boy that we tried to save during a house fire and couldn't get to.

The second was a fellow Police Officer that was murdered in the line of duty. That is by far the worst......

Comment

My dead friend.
          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by andy5746 View Post
            My dead friend.
            Same for me.

While every officer is a big loss, I have had 4 very close friends killed in the line of duty. One being the guy that introduced me to my wife. However the worst was my best friend who was assigned to an intel unit. He was shot and killed by a guy our unit was hunting for. I will never forgive his supervisor who wanted some glory with a big bust, instead of calling us and passing on the intel like they were supposed to do.

My unit has lost 3 guys and that is a very tought thing.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Hooked a guy up for injury to a child for racking his own 9 yo son so bad he could barely walk and had both new and old injuries on torso from beating w/ a coaxial cable. 1 month before scheduled trial date he stomped to death his common laws 7 yo who had been practically starved, neglected and beaten in a similar manner himself.

Comment

Any "officer down" (shooting) calls. We had a few in '07.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

A guy had died in a bathtub. He was in the water for weeks. We helped the medical examiner get the body out of the tub/water. Friend tried to lift the body from the shoulder, armpit area. When he pulled and worked his way to the arm area, all the skin and flesh pulled off both arms, exposing bones etc. He literally left the room and started gaging. Freaked us all out.

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                    A 2 week old baby that had been microwaved for 5 minutes.
                    Omg.. that most be a horrible thought.. thats such a cruel crime, I hope the person who did that got the death sentence

Comment

Train vs pedestrian.....not a pretty sight.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                        Any "officer down" (shooting) calls. We had a few in '07.
                        That's one that thankfully I have not and hope to never have. I'm amazed that with our proximity to the big department in this county that we have not had one ourselves. I think we're operating on borrowed time.....

Comment

The worst thing I've seen? The reports written by one of my trainees a couple years ago. Still makes me shudder to think of them.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Some woman living in Section 8 housing who doesn't pay property taxes trying to tell me how to do my job.
                            Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                            Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
                              DC thats some pretty heavy S--- right there.
                              Believe it or not, 8 years later it still bothers me and I still have nightmares about it. Eats at me because I constantly say "had I gotten here 5 minutes earlier......"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6414 users online. 346 members and 6068 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X