300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Letter Scam!

so i got this letter today saying "Make $250,000 in weeks as seen on Oprah and 20/20!!!" it then proceeds to say that i need to make copies of this letter and send it to 6people along with a dollar blah blah blah... i did some research and found out that chain letters are illegal especially when they want you to send out money. I have no idea how they got my name and address and they also have 6 others peoples name and address on the letter including the person that sent it to me. my question is should i contact my local PD about this or would it just be a waste of their time?
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Your local PD will tell you to take a hike. If you didnt get suckered out of money, there isnt much that can be done.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
      so i got this letter today saying "Make $250,000 in weeks as seen on Oprah and 20/20!!!" it then proceeds to say that i need to make copies of this letter and send it to 6people along with a dollar blah blah blah... i did some research and found out that chain letters are illegal especially when they want you to send out money. I have no idea how they got my name and address and they also have 6 others peoples name and address on the letter including the person that sent it to me. my question is should i contact my local PD about this or would it just be a waste of their time?
      I think you should call FBI Headquarters in Washington DC and ask to speak to the Director. Crime of this magnitude cannot be handled by locals.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
        Your local PD will tell you to take a hike. If you didnt get suckered out of money, there isnt much that can be done.
        I figured as much but when I was looking up some info it said to contact your local PD or postal office because apparently they take this stuff pretty seriously. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
          I think you should call FBI Headquarters in Washington DC and ask to speak to the Director. Crime of this magnitude cannot be handled by locals.
          Ok great. Do you have the number for me? Also I will need your name so when I talk to the director I can tell him you are the one that told me to take this plan of action. You know I wouldn't want you to miss out on a "Hey good job" from the director for helping out a civilian who had a serious question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 296 members and 4981 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X