300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Hut Fraud

About a week ago my parents ordered some pizza from Pizza Hut. The total came out to $22.30 and they paid with a check.

A few days later my dad is checking his account online and finds that $42.30 was charged at Pizza Hut that day. My dad and I did some research and found out that the delivery girl forged his check. She scratched out the 22 and wrote down 42, and forged my dads initials, apparently to get an extra 20 dollar tip.

We went to the manager, got our money back, some free coupons, and the delivery girl was fired.

My parents are considering pressing charges. My question is, if they do decide to press charges, what kind of punishment is this delivery girl looking at? Isn't messing with checks a big time crime?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Springs View Post
    About a week ago my parents ordered some pizza from Pizza Hut. The total came out to $22.30 and they paid with a check.

A few days later my dad is checking his account online and finds that $42.30 was charged at Pizza Hut that day. My dad and I did some research and found out that the delivery girl forged his check. She scratched out the 22 and wrote down 42, and forged my dads initials, apparently to get an extra 20 dollar tip.

We went to the manager, got our money back, some free coupons, and the delivery girl was fired.

My parents are considering pressing charges. My question is, if they do decide to press charges, what kind of punishment is this delivery girl looking at? Isn't messing with checks a big time crime?

Search the site for username "Surf"....He works with HPD and should be able to tell you the min/max fines and punishments under HRS (aka Hawaii Revised Statues) for forgery.....

Comment

The charge/penalty on conviction will depend on Hawaii Statutes.

Comment

Forced rehab. I like that.
        Forgery is a felony, could be some State time, unless it's Calif., in which case maybe probation and community service....
        Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
        Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Hawaii:
          §708-853 Forgery in the third degree. (1) A person commits the offense of forgery in the third degree if, with intent to defraud, the person falsely makes, completes, endorses, or alters a written instrument, or utters a forged instrument.

(2) Forgery in the third degree is a misdemeanor. [L 1972, c 9, pt of §1; am L 1988, c 155, §4; gen ch 1992]
          "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by 1oldsarge View Post
            Forced rehab. I like that.
            Forgery is a felony, could be some State time, unless it's Calif., in which case maybe probation and community service....
            Maybe not even that in some areas.....since they got the $$$$ returned, they no longer have any 'loss'......
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              Maybe not even that in some areas.....since they got the $$$$ returned, they no longer have any 'loss'......
              Yep.

Also, $20 is not worth the time and effort of putting this slug through the system.

Stop using checks. Checks are one of the easiest ways people get into your account and get your money.
              -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

I didn't know people still used checks.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone, parents have decided not to take this any further.
                  sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4985 users online. 268 members and 4717 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X