300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Process Time?

Hello, i'm wondering, how long does it take to know if your accepted and are able to begin attending the academy? What i'm planning on doing is Lets say it takes 3 months, I want to begin the application process 3 months before i get my AS degree in Criminal Justice Technology, so that once i get my AS, I can go straight into the academy or atleast know that I have a spot in the next upcoming academy.

What I wanna do is after I get my AS degree, begin working, then use the Tutution Plan the FHP(Florida Highway Patrol) offers and use it to pay for me to get my bachelors.

So whats a safe bet to apply? How many months before I should get my AS degree

Originally posted by mruiz46 View Post
    Hello, i'm wondering, how long does it take to know if your accepted and are able to begin attending the academy? What i'm planning on doing is Lets say it takes 3 months, I want to begin the application process 3 months before i get my AS degree in Criminal Justice Technology, so that once i get my AS, I can go straight into the academy or atleast know that I have a spot in the next upcoming academy.

What I wanna do is after I get my AS degree, begin working, then use the Tutution Plan the FHP(Florida Highway Patrol) offers and use it to pay for me to get my bachelors.

So whats a safe bet to apply? How many months before I should get my AS degree
    There is no "set" time between application and an offer of employment. The hiring process with state agencies, as well as many larger cities and counties is often quite lengthy. Waiting periods of six months, a year, or even longer, are common. If your application is accepted, you'll be required to test, usually a written exam. You'll be required to pass a Physical Abilities/Agility Test.Polygraph,Physc exams, and a comprehensive Background Investigation. All of these "hoops" are time consuming. I don't want to discourage you from applying, but you need to be aware that this is a very involved process. Since you have expressed an interest in FHP, I would sugest you visit their website. You should be able to find considerable information relative to the hiring process. If possible, speak to a Recruiter or other knowlegeable Officer for additional information. Keep in mind too, that with larger agencies, you'll be competing with hundreds of other applicants. Regarding your educational pursuits, I would suggest you pursue these currently, if you can. Then, do the research I suggested. Good luck in your efforts.

Comment

Its ok I found out.. I asked the Captain of the FHP

Hello;

It takes approximately 4-6 months to complete the process.

Captain George M. Crotta

Florida Highway Patrol
      2900 Apalachee Parkway MS49
      Tallahassee, FL 32399
      Work: 850.617.2311
      Fax: 850.617.5213
      [email protected]
      www.flhsmv.gov/fhp

COURTESY ♦ SERVICE ♦ PROTECTION

Comment

I applied with the office I am hoping to work at in June, they have just started on the background. They say about two more months till I will know if I am hired or not. So 4 to 6 months seems just about right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158288 users online. 127 members and 158161 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X