300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting

Okay, a friend of mine has been having a feud with a group of guys from another town.

Well, we live in KS and I've looked for what seems like forever and can't find anything on it...but if he fights with these other guys, when he gets arrested, (and I mean when) what is the possible punishment for such actions?

The other night he was intoxicated, waiving a firearm, and had a knife held to his throat (by another guy)...sheriff's patrol went by after the other guys left...

assume the officer saw my friend with the firearm and the other guy holding a knife to his throat...what are the possible punishments for such?

Also, if he's caught fighting with them (just fistfighting), what will happen if he gets arrested? (How much jailtime, fines, etc?)

Thanks for any/all info, (I want to be able to give him an idea on what could happen if he doesn't straighten up).
    Detention Deputy (In Process)

Deputy Sheriff/KS State Trooper (After Detention)

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off." -Tommy Cooper

In KS law if you wave a weapon or threaten to use a weapon on someone its called aggrivated assult. If you acually use the weapon on that person its called aggrivated battery. Both are felonies in KS and carry with them a heavy punishment. My advise is that your freind walk the other way because if either side does anything it might and probably will have consequences for both parties involved.
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

Yeah, my friend is a [email protected]#,

what if he just fist-fights the other guys, what can happen then?

(Specifics would be nice in this case)

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off." -Tommy Cooper

Comment

Then if no weapons are used they will still see jail time but instead of aggrivated battery they will turn into just a battery. Its still a serious matter but doesnt carry the punishment like the aggrivated one of course. But it does all depend on what the officers see when they get on scene. If your friend hits or kicks them enough in like say the head it can be classified as aggrivated because the potental for death/serious body harm is present. Tell your friend to be careful and if they still fight to be prepared for a lengthy jail time.
        Its all up to the judge on what the punishments are. Some of our judges in KS are harsh in some areas of the law while understanding in others. Violence though is not an area I see many judges being understanding.
        If the fight broke out the cops will show up to stop it. They would separate both parties and put on the cuffs. Interview both and determine what started and/or provoked the fight. Both men will probably be found in partial fault and taken to the same jail. Places in different areas of the jail and wait for their court dates, which might be the next day or later. Like I said earlier the judge decides all the punishments. I dont want to say what a judge will order but it might be harsh. Tell your friend to either grow up and be the bigger man or prepare for a visit to jail for awhile.
        What Is A Veteran?
        A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

...double post...
          What Is A Veteran?

Comment

Thanks! Thats better...

I really appreciate the info man, and YES, he DOES need to GROW UP!

Comment

Another thing, if I'm there with him when they fight...will I get into trouble too?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I don't mean to sound harsh, just realistic. From the last two posts I've read started by you; you either need to dump your current friends or drop the "future cop" from your name.
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                  I don't mean to sound harsh, just realistic. From the last two posts I've read started by you; you either need to dump your current friends or drop the "future cop" from your name.
                  Yes sir! I'm distancing myself from him now...(and he's been warned that shannanigans will NOT be tolerated)! "I hope thats how you spell that..."

I don't want ANYTHING to do with his stupidity...now if he wants to be mature, then thats different.

But I am making changes sure as [email protected]#.

Comment

To answer you question, no you will not get into trouble unless you are participating. If you are trying to break it up or not when the cops do show up back off and after they have the situation under control you approach them and say that you are a witness. Now one thing you will have to do is tell the truth even if its your friends fault and you might be getting him into trouble. It might just set him straight or he might not talk to you again which will solve the problem with being friends or not. But no nothing will happen to you. If they do take him to jail the cops will let you hold onto his cell phone and keys if he is willing to let you look after them while he is gone.
                    What Is A Veteran?

Comment

Shenanigans

Comment

This forum is quite comical at times. What difference does it make? Someone holding a gun and the other person has a knife. WHAT???? This is truly funny.
                        My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie2006 View Post
                          This forum is quite comical at times. What difference does it make? Someone holding a gun and the other person has a knife. WHAT???? This is truly funny.
                          I know, (bring a knife to a gunfight)...

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
                            Shenanigans
                            Thanks!

Comment

I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Shenanigans..........

Had to be done
                              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6191 users online. 372 members and 5819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X