300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academy

What do you excerise wise daily. I keep hearing about 5 mile runs, is that a daily run? Or is that a test?

Also if its a test, are you timed? Or you just have to finish?

Can anyone explain to me what the routine etc in the academy, im just trying to prepare now for when in 2 years I go for the academy

These are the recommendations for candidates applying for the California Highway Patrol Academy:

Physical Training

This is the most challenging phase of training for most cadets. You will need to report for training prepared for a strenuous conditioning program. The Physical Training (PT) Staff will motivate you to push your body to its limits and beyond. You will be expected to pass a variety of Physical Fitness Tests and the Physical Performance Program Test.

To prepare yourself, you should be involved in some form of strength training program. A circuit training program is advisable. You should also be running at least 3 miles, 3 times a week, at a 9-minute-per-mile pace. You should also be able to perform 50 sit-ups, 50 push-ups and 4 pull-ups prior to reporting to the Academy. This will ensure that you meet the minimum acceptable level for incoming cadets.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I am actually looking to go for the Florida Highway Patrol. Im going to work on being able to run each mile atleast 9minutes per.

Any other tips

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6160 users online. 332 members and 5828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X