300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting for a FL SO

I'm a Florida security officer working for a contract security company.

On my last tour of duty at an industrial complex an employee of the client company reported to me the the previous day he observed a hypodermic needle laying on a table in an outside "break" area.

Normally we would report suspicious activity but I'm not sure reporting this to the company through my supervisor is wise because of the "sensitive nature" of the information.

I guess I'm wondering if I must report this because of "the knowledge" about
    something that could possibly be illegal. Maybe I'm all little paranoid. If I am
    let me know.

A hypodermic needle is not always a clear sign of drug use. Being in a break area, it could have been used for insulin as well.

I don't see why finding a needle is of a "sensitive nature" in the first place. It is your job to report suspicious activity. Not declare that activity to be too "sensitive". By not reporting your findings, you are not doing the job that you were hired to do.

If I, as an LEO, found evidence of a crime and did not investigate it or report it to my peers/supervisors, I would not be doing the job I was hired to do and most likely would be fired.

Report it.
    -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT MACHETTO View Post
      I'm a Florida security officer working for a contract security company.

On my last tour of duty at an industrial complex an employee of the client company reported to me the the previous day he observed a hypodermic needle laying on a table in an outside "break" area.

Normally we would report suspicious activity but I'm not sure reporting this to the company through my supervisor is wise because of the "sensitive nature" of the information.

I guess I'm wondering if I must report this because of "the knowledge" about
      something that could possibly be illegal. Maybe I'm all little paranoid. If I am
      let me know.
      You're a security guard, see and report. Let someone else decide what is "sensitive".

I'd rather have my boss tell me that I'm trying to hard then him say I'm not working hard enough.

Comment

Tell your boss. That's all you need to do.

Comment

Destroy it and do a report indicating your findings. You have no clue that there was drug use afoot.
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4453 users online. 231 members and 4222 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X