300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookalike Substance

I was reading my local paper's blotter report and saw that a couple of people were arrested and jailed for a lookalike substance. What does that mean? Is it a substance that looks like it could be a drug, but there wasn't enough residue to be field tested? Just curious, because I've never seen it before.
    Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

In Washington State it is illegal to sell, deliver or possess a "counterfeit" controlled substance.

RCW 69.50.4011 - Counterfeit substances -- Penalties.

(1) Except as authorized by this chapter, it is unlawful for any person to create, deliver, or possess a counterfeit substance.

(2) Any person who violates this section with respect to:

(a) A counterfeit substance classified in Schedule I or II which is a narcotic drug, or flunitrazepam classified in Schedule IV, is guilty of a class B felony and upon conviction may be imprisoned for not more than ten years, fined not more than twenty-five thousand dollars, or both;

(b) A counterfeit substance which is methamphetamine, is guilty of a class B felony and upon conviction may be imprisoned for not more than ten years, fined not more than twenty-five thousand dollars, or both;

(c) Any other counterfeit substance classified in Schedule I, II, or III, is guilty of a class C felony punishable according to chapter 9A.20 RCW;

(d) A counterfeit substance classified in Schedule IV, except flunitrazepam, is guilty of a class C felony punishable according to chapter 9A.20 RCW;

(e) A counterfeit substance classified in Schedule V, is guilty of a class C felony punishable according to chapter 9A.20 RCW.
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
    sigpic

Comment

Sell a bag of parsley as marijuana, and you get busted just like selling marijuana.

Comment

Atleast in Va, it's considered Possesion of imitation drugs w/intent to give or sell. I put a guy in jail for eight years for selling bread that he cooked up wet in a microwave and tried to sell it as crack cocaine to support his heroin habit. His telling the judge his "recipe" helped my conviction.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
          Atleast in Va, it's considered Possesion of imitation drugs w/intent to give or sell. I put a guy in jail for eight years for selling bread that he cooked up wet in a microwave and tried to sell it as crack cocaine to support his heroin habit. His telling the judge his "recipe" helped my conviction.
          Wow, glad I didn't go through with my plan in high school to try and fool the dopefiends. LOL!
          Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6050 users online. 344 members and 5706 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X