300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academy - 3 Days Off

This question is to those of you that self sponsored yourself through an academy. Weather it was FAFSA or straight cash.

What did you do on your three days off that most academies allowed you? I got accepted into Valencia's Academy, in Orlando Florida. It's full time 6AM-4PM M-T --- Fri-Sun is off.

Study?
    Part Time Job?
    PT?
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Originally posted by WadsonF View Post
    This question is to those of you that self sponsored yourself through an academy. Weather it was FAFSA or straight cash.

What did you do on your three days off that most academies allowed you? I got accepted into Valencia's Academy, in Orlando Florida. It's full time 6AM-4PM M-T --- Fri-Sun is off.

Study?
    Part Time Job?
    PT?
    Irrespective of the locale of the academy - WHETHER in FL, NE, NY, CA, or any of the other states, it is a good idea to STUDY, STUDY, STUDY if you wish to be successful and graduate.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

the academy is giving 3 days a week off now? why?

Comment

Originally posted by luckydog View Post
        the academy is giving 3 days a week off now? why?
        Some are going to four 10 hour days instead of five 8 hour days. Reasons vary, but part of it may be allowing more time for inservice training for existing officers or because of staffing.

To the OP, check with the academy before you work PT, some don't allow it. You might just be ready to relax, study, or do something besides academy stuff so leave your options open.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

i had 5 10 hours days... 715 for pt to 5p... mon-fri... eek
          Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Three days off is a luxury that I wish we had. We did the standard M-F 0730-???. We were strongly discouraged from working or taking any part time college classes. Take these six months or however long it is and devote it to your training. That being said, I would take that third day and do NOTHING. Dont study, PT or do anything police related. Your mind and body need a day for R&R. Read a book, play video games, fish, do whatever it is that YOU like to do.

Comment

Understood. Thank you guys.
              WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

We go Mon-Thurs. At the academy I am in they do a ton of training for sworn officers on Fri-Sun. I know they have done the drivers instructors course and I think they did a Tactical Shotgun course last weekend.

And on my three days off I do all three.
                Last edited by Pauliegolf10; 09-10-2008, 09:07 AM. Reason: a

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6794 users online. 349 members and 6445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X