300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by detective42 View Post
    Well I think I get the jist of this, the NCIS normally hire civilian people (Information I gathered from another police forum and the NCIS website) so now I may be looking in to that.
    OSI and Army CID also hire civilians. However, NCIS is almost completely civilian agents (ie GS-1811 Criminal Investigators), while OSI and CID have a sizeable minority of civilian 1811s, but the majority of their agents are military personnel.
    Is this a good idea?
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual. Some people love working for the military criminal investigative organizations (MCIO), and some hate them. Just like every other LE job out there.
    I'm going to get my masters in CJ/Law and I'm going to learn a couple of languages I'm already fluent in Spanish (learned in H.S.)
    While your knowledge of Spanish will be helpful on the job, unless you are native speaker, or were part of a long term immersion program, do not expect your Spanish from HS to help you in the hiring process. There are enough applicants out there who have spoken Spanish their whole lives that someone who just learned in HS will have a hard time competing based on that language skill.
    . . . and I need about another year in French and then I would be considered fluent.
    Again, I'm not sure what standard your HS or college is using to determine fluency in a language, but the standard may be different for hiring purposes. Again, it may help you, but until you take the language test for a particular agency you won't know.
    Farsi and Arabic are good languages right?
    Sure are hot right now, but things could always change.

Comment

sal

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
      Air Force Officer
      Army Officer
      Marine Corps Officer
      Navy Officer
      Coast Guard Officer.

The Highest Paying Entry Level Jobs in the Government.

M-11
      So, you are saying that a 2nd LT. in the Military pays more than an entry level LE job ?

What does a O-1 get nowadays ??

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
        OSI and Army CID also hire civilians. However, NCIS is almost completely civilian agents (ie GS-1811 Criminal Investigators), while OSI and CID have a sizeable minority of civilian 1811s, but the majority of their agents are military personnel.Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual. Some people love working for the military criminal investigative organizations (MCIO), and some hate them. Just like every other LE job out there.While your knowledge of Spanish will be helpful on the job, unless you are native speaker, or were part of a long term immersion program, do not expect your Spanish from HS to help you in the hiring process. There are enough applicants out there who have spoken Spanish their whole lives that someone who just learned in HS will have a hard time competing based on that language skill.Again, I'm not sure what standard your HS or college is using to determine fluency in a language, but the standard may be different for hiring purposes. Again, it may help you, but until you take the language test for a particular agency you won't know.Sure are hot right now, but things could always change.

Thank you so much. So do you think I should go for the NCIS? Ehen I'm done with college?

Comment

Thank you so much. So do you think I should go for the NCIS? Ehen I'm done with college?
          Glad it was helpful, but my answer to your question remains the same: Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual. Some people love working for the military criminal investigative organizations (MCIO), and some hate them. Just like every other LE job out there.

Research the agency, the type of cases they do, and whether the culture (working primarily in the military court system, overseas assignments, deployments to combat zones, etc) is a good fit for you. Then decide.

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
            Glad it was helpful, but my answer to your question remains the same: Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual. Some people love working for the military criminal investigative organizations (MCIO), and some hate them. Just like every other LE job out there.

Research the agency, the type of cases they do, and whether the culture (working primarily in the military court system, overseas assignments, deployments to combat zones, etc) is a good fit for you. Then decide.
            Yeah, it sounds good and proficient they do actually go into combat zones (meaning overseas)?

That is something I would have to get over, because this job really sounds interesting? Are there any petitions for you to stay in America?

Oh and can you tell me more about the DCIS?
            I went to the site but I want to get it from somebody who actually may know it.

Comment

Yeah, it sounds good and proficient they do actually go into combat zones (meaning overseas)?
              Yes, NCIS and AFOSI both have civilian agents in combat zones.
              Oh and can you tell me more about the DCIS?
              Sorry, I don't know much about them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 253 members and 4699 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X