Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The police were not called?...Couples spat all the time, and it seems you both settled it among yourselves like adults with no police involvement. I think you make be shooting yourself in the foot with your own wording to background investigators. Just my 10 cents

Comment

To be totally honest with you, even starting at 27 your probably bumping up against the average age of academy attendees. I believe it's around 26 years old (nation-wide).

It may be different in your area, but it's been my experience that most agencies I know of don't want a 19 or 20 year old. They haven't matured enough or had the real life experiences critical in this line of work. Of course there are exceptions, like some guys who's done their tour of duty in the military.

I know of way too many 21 year olds that just can't handle getting a badge and a gun (I also know 35 year olds that can't ). A 21 or 22 year old hasn't had enough life experience to deal with the day to day issues we face. If you are in a single unit and your back up is 15 to 20 minutes away you're basically on your own. I don't know a whole lot of 21 year olds that can deal with it.

In my opinion, yes you should stick with it. There's a lot of old guys out there doing a good job. I'm in my 5th decade of life, I'm not saying how old, but I'm retired Army and I love my job as a deputy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6698 users online. 381 members and 6317 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X