300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my chances from this letter...?

i'm reading over my letter that pretty much sumed up said i was " unsuitable".

heres the two major paragraphs from the letter:
    " The position of deputy sheriff, as with all peace officers, requieres that strict standars be met. the criteria for selecting an individual as a "suitable" candidate are based on the 10 POST job dimensions. a peace officer candidate must meet all 10 dimensions in order to qualify.

Unfortunately, i must inform you that you have not met all the POST job dimensions and/or the min. requirements for deputy sheriff. The results of your background investigation have determined you to be "unsuitable" as a deputy sheriff at this time.We encourage you to re-apply with our office in two years. "

what are my chances now at another agency from that??

Originally posted by frankyrod View Post
    i'm reading over my letter that pretty much sumed up said i was " unsuitable".

heres the two major paragraphs from the letter:
    " The position of deputy sheriff, as with all peace officers, requieres that strict standars be met. the criteria for selecting an individual as a "suitable" candidate are based on the 10 POST job dimensions. a peace officer candidate must meet all 10 dimensions in order to qualify.

Unfortunately, i must inform you that you have not met all the POST job dimensions and/or the min. requirements for deputy sheriff. The results of your background investigation have determined you to be "unsuitable" as a deputy sheriff at this time.We encourage you to re-apply with our office in two years. "

what are my chances now at another agency from that??
    Franky, you are more familiar with your background than anyone on this forum. I certainly don't expect you to go into your past here. From your post I gather that you had a problem, both from the perspective of POST, and the department to which you applied. POST, in general, sets the minimum standards for LE Officer certification. Individual departments can set standards higher than POST minimums, but never lower. If there's any good news in the letter you recieved, it's that you can re-apply in two years time. You're not precluded from applying to other agencies, but you'll need to disclose this particular non-selection. In future applications, measure yourself objectively against a department's posted standards for employment. It never hurts to speak to a Recruiter or some knowleagable person at an agency to see if it's worth your while to apply. I hope things work out for you.

Comment

I wouldn't sweat it. Many agencies have different standards. Just because one of them deferred you for two years doesn't mean another won't take you. I've heard of some agencies with 5 year undetected crime standards and others with 3 year limits. As the poster above stated...be very up front about this non-selection. Keep at it and you should get in somewhere eventually.

Comment

Like PhilipCal said, only you know what's in your personal history.

The fact that they said you could reapply is two years suggests this is not a hard and fast DQ, but more that you simply didn't meet their standards. Remember, standards vary from agency to agency, so I would not let it stop me from applying with other departments.

In case you are curious, go to http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/bim/bi.pdf Pages 29 through 39 spell out the 10 dimensions in detail.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Like these guys have already said, don't sweat it. I had a guy I went to high school with apply at the same department I did and he got the same type of letter. He applied with the agency across town and was hired. So, every agency is different ad they all have specific things they are looking for in someone. It may just be that you don't mesh with that departments image. All in all keep your head up and don't be discouraged. Hope that helps...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4895 users online. 262 members and 4633 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X