300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only for thinkers

If you were running for sheriff and the sheriff dept. was really screwed up. Like Sgts dating Deputy's and using rank to help the Deputies. Also there was a big IRS/ATF bust in the county and when the alarm went off at the residence the sheriff and his Lt went to the residence alone. They did not know the IRS/ATF was there. When they got there they were met at the end of the driveway and told to leave. (nothing has came down w/ that investigation though) There is a policy that states you can not talk about Sheriff or Dept bad. The dept is really messed up and I need to find out a way to let the public know without badmouthing them. Any ideas would be great

my advice to you is to gather and document anything you personally know about and send it to an investigative reporter under an "anonymous source close to the department". let them handle letting the people know. They say people dont like a "snitch", but if your dept is that bad ???
    Gogreen in Blythe

Comment

Please don't tell me you're running for Sheriff.

Comment

I don't mean to rag on you, but the first thing you need to do is learn how to articulate the issues.

Originally posted by CCDEP View Post
        Like Sgts dating Deputy's and using rank to help the Deputies.
        What does this mean? We help each other all the time, irrespective of rank or relationship. Right now we have a sergeants exam scheduled. The captains and lieutenants in my agency are using their rank to help officers pass the test. Using the training and experience they have gained through their rank, they are running training classes and mock orals to prepare officers for the exam. There is nothing wrong with this. So what exactly did your sergeants do to help a deputy that was wrong? Was it wrong only because they were in a relationship with that deputy? Would it be ok if they did it for a deputy they were not in a relationship with? You have to spell it out, say why it was wrong and what rule, policy or law it violated.

Also there was a big IRS/ATF bust in the county and when the alarm went off at the residence the sheriff and his Lt went to the residence alone. They did not know the IRS/ATF was there. When they got there they were met at the end of the driveway and told to leave. (nothing has came down w/ that investigation though)
        Again, why does this reflect wrongdoing? . A few times during my career I have received a man with a gun call or a suspicious persons call, only to find it was officers from an agency with overlapping jurisdiction serving an arrest or search warrant. When I got there they indicated they forgot to notify my dispatch they were operating in our area and that assistance from my agency wasn't needed. That doesn't mean there was wrongdoing. Is there something more to this that you left out?

There is a policy that states you can not talk about Sheriff or Dept bad.
        Every agency I worked for had a policy that prohibited speaking disparagingly about it to the public. However, there are also avenues available for reporting criminal and administrative misconduct to outside agencies that have authority to investigate such matters. Again, what's the problem?

Once more, I don't mean to give you a hard time, but until you can make a better case for wrongdoing, you are going to come off sounding like a whiner and a malcontent. Take some time to think things out. If you are a Deputy, you should know how to make a case (who, what, when, why, where and how).
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6547 users online. 301 members and 6246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X