300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tickets/Same Offensive

I was behind an idiot today who didnt know how to use his turn signals and it got me thinking.

Can you write two tickets for two seperate infractions? Even if they are the same infraction? For instance, your behind me, getting ready to pull me over for not using my turn signal. And while your behind me, I turn into a parking lot and again, dont use my signal.
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

*deleted*****

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

No! You simply make a notation on the face of the ticket to the effect that you observed two incidents of the same violation at two different locations.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        No! You simply make a notation on the face of the ticket to the effect that you observed two incidents of the same violation at two different locations.
        Cool. Thanks Sarge!
        The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
        George Carlin

Comment

In MD you can get a citation for each infraction. As long as you put the seperate locations. I usually do this with stop signs in neighborhoods. If they run several stop signs they get a ticket for each intersection.
          Some people are like Slinkies...Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD4824 View Post
            In MD you can get a citation for each infraction. As long as you put the seperate locations.
            ^^ Exactly what he said for DC also.

Comment

Same here in NC, can write for each seperate offense. Look at it like this. If a guy goes on a killing spree does he get a pass on all the bodies after the 1st because it's the same type of crime?
              There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men. - Edmund Burke

Comment

in PA, if two of the same offenses happen in differnt location, u can cite x2. i never do though...........

Comment

Our citations have four lines for violations. There is nothing that says I can't fill them up, and nothing in law that says I can't cite you for each separate turn signal violation. You'd have to have a really bad attitude to earn that, but it can be done.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

You can in Indiana, and you can get multiple tickets for the same action. Say you're driving a dump truck and suddenly swerve into another lane without signaling and you cause another motorist to have to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. Its one movement, but you could be cited for failure to signal lane change and unsafe lane movement. Equipment violations, paperwork violations, and previously noted violations could also be cited on the same stop. Accumulate enough violations at one time, and it might become a extra charge such as aggressive or reckless driving.

3 citations on one stop is about my limit, but I've had the chance to write 8 before.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

If the driver commits two violations of the same code they can be charged twice for the violations. Officer discretion takes place and usually they are just charged once, but there have been occasions where I have charged twice for the same violation...... one example is the double yellow lines separating the carpool lanes. I observed someone cross the double yellows in front of me to enter the carpool and as I maneuvered to get behind them to make a stop they saw me and crossed over the double yellows to exit the carpool trying to quickly exit the freeway before I could pull them over. 2 counts of the violation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5838 users online. 317 members and 5521 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X