300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background/interveiw

before i ask my question i will give a very breif history about myself. i was in the army for 5 years, did 2 tours in iraq and got out as a Sgt with an honorable discharge. i have 58 college credits including some criminal justice classes. i just finished a seasonal police job in my area where i had a near perfect employee evaluation. about 8 years ago i was arrested for marijuana/paraphanalia possesion. it has been esponged. do i tell potential employers about it? can they see things that have been esponged in background checks? and will this DQ me automaticly if i tell the truth about it,even with all the good stuff ive done since?

Expunged. What classification of a crime is it? Here it is like a traffic ticket. If you are applying for an LE position you should probably mention it. Did the seasonal PD know about it? Most departments have a 3-7 year window that they want you to be MJ free. How often and for how long did you smoke?

Comment

not sure what classification it was. im also not sure wether or not my seasonal job knew about it or not, but i do know that they did a background check. and wasnt a habitual pot smoker, i just tried it a few times and of course got caught once at a party.

Comment

Most law enforcement background investigations find out about every prior LE contact, "expunged" or not. Answer every question truthfully and omit nothing (including "expunged" info). Failure to disclose is in and of itself, sufficient reason for DQ.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by anon View Post
          before i ask my question i will give a very breif history about myself. i was in the army for 5 years, did 2 tours in iraq and got out as a Sgt with an honorable discharge. i have 58 college credits including some criminal justice classes. i just finished a seasonal police job in my area where i had a near perfect employee evaluation. about 8 years ago i was arrested for marijuana/paraphanalia possesion. it has been esponged. do i tell potential employers about it? can they see things that have been esponged in background checks? and will this DQ me automaticly if i tell the truth about it,even with all the good stuff ive done since?
          When you fill out a BI packet TELL THE TRUTH! Hiding or not telling something can be considered lying by OMISSION. The intention of a background is to determine what type of person and character you have. If you start off your career with lies then where are you willing to go from there?

Truth truth and truth....

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
            Most law enforcement background investigations find out about every prior LE contact, "expunged" or not. Answer every question truthfully and omit nothing (including "expunged" info). Failure to disclose is in and of itself, sufficient reason for DQ.
            X-2. In a LE Background Investigation there is no such thing as an expungement. Investigators routinely access records which have been expunged. There are job applications where expungements can be of value. I won't detail them here, as they do not apply to LE applications. You fail to disclose the prior marijuana issues at the risk of being DQ'd. Stated another way, disclosure will probably not adversely effect your application, especially given your background. Failure to disclose almost certainly will result in a DQ. Good luck in your efforts.

Comment

As a background investiagtor let me assure you that Expunged does NOT elminate all records of your arrest. An applicant for law enforcement is REQUIRED to disclose all arrests, detentions, convictions EVEN if they were found not guilty, expunged,even if they are pardoned by the govenor/ president.

Let me follow up by saying that the fact that you had the incident expunged is great becasue it means that "most" people will not be able to locate the records thus making your past indescretions easier to work with. Good luck
              The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

I'm not trying to be funny but why is it that people always ask should I tell the truth. It just strikes me as odd if you want such an authoritative position that you would want to be honest and set a good example. I have a few knocks on my background and I was honest and it didn't stop me. I never lied about it I just knew I had to explain my reasons.

It seems your background includes a lot of good things. The drug charges probably won't even be an issue but if you lie in this game you die. So be honest . Good luck.
                My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

Amen Rookie 2006

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3116 users online. 175 members and 2941 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X