Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy in a prescription drug bottle as part of a halloween costume...?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Candy in a prescription drug bottle as part of a halloween costume...?

    So I'm planning to be Dr. House for halloween this year, and I want to have the most authentic costume I can possibly have. As those of you who watch the show will know, House is a vicodin addict and pops atleast half a dozen in every episode...

    anywho, so I want to have a prescription drug bottle (with possibly a real label for a real prescription) and I would just put some sort of candy inside that looks like vicodin...

    now my question is if I somehow have a run in with a LEO on halloween night for whatever reason, and they see/find this on me, is this going to cause me problems?

  • #2
    Originally posted by shaX 07 View Post
    So I'm planning to be Dr. House for halloween this year, and I want to have the most authentic costume I can possibly have. As those of you who watch the show will know, House is a vicodin addict and pops atleast half a dozen in every episode...

    anywho, so I want to have a prescription drug bottle (with possibly a real label for a real prescription) and I would just put some sort of candy inside that looks like vicodin...

    now my question is if I somehow have a run in with a LEO on halloween night for whatever reason, and they see/find this on me, is this going to cause me problems?
    Its not illegal to eat candy. And its not illegal to carry a prescription bottle filled with candy. I would take off the label and don't try to be funny guy and have real narcotics in there, unless they are yours and you have a prescription.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cause problems as in an arrest? Probably not.

      Cause problems as in being detained while the contents of the bottle are verified and the prescription container isn't stolen or illegally transferred if the label indicates a name other than yours? Possibly.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

      Comment


      • #4
        God I hope you don't live in my jurisdiction, lord knows I want to be the deputy trying to track down the kid that's popping pills while trick-or-treating.

        I'd avoid it, but do what you can afford I guess.
        Officer Down Memorial Page

        Comment


        • #5
          Seriously.. In this day and age, why would you even consider that? I understand the whole gotta look cool on halloween. If you wanted to dress like a suicide bomber would you make an authentic looking explosive's vest? Would you go sticking a toy gun to people's head trying ot be a cool gangsta? I would STRONGLY rule against it becuase if you you do run into a fellow LEO, you will be inconvenienced and most likely irritate a fellow officer for wasting his time.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
          Thomas Jefferson

          Comment


          • #6
            I watch that show like its going out of style, but I would caution you doing this. If you use a candy that can be nothing but candy and can not be mistaken as such you should be fine.
            What Is A Veteran?
            A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

            Comment


            • #7
              As others have said, here you would be detained until everything can be verified. Prescription drugs not used for prescribed purposes or people are a huge item around here and you would be asking for trouble.

              I would use a plastic container and not an authentic prescription bottle (print up some BS label on your home computer to make it look more like the TV show). Any candy that you use, be sure to retain the original container. In the event you should be stopped and asked, you can say "Here is my fake prescription bottle and here is the wrapper for the candy inside".

              Comment


              • #8
                not just from leo side of the situation. think about the children seeing you pop pills from that bottle, could be a bad situation if they try it and get the real thing.
                In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

                Comment


                • #9
                  More than likely, you will be on the news the next day. If you think they are going to show a clip of you explaining what really happened and it was no big deal, think again. They will edit out what they want, then make you look like a fool to the entire veiwing area. Since this is out of the ordinary, they (media) will have a field day trying to imply you were giving pills to children.

                  oh yeh, they will film in front of your house and you will take many trips to the home improvement store to fix things up after the vandals hit your house (several times).
                  Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok several of you are blowing this way out of context.

                    I'm not going to be "popping pills" while trick-or-treating.. I don't go trick-or-treating for starters... Secondly, there aren't going to be any kids seeing the bottle itself because I won't be around any kids... and someone also said the media would see this as out of the ordinary? Um I don't know where you people live but there are atleast 20 worse crimes committed every day that are much sicker and more hanenous...


                    Oh i've got a great cop story for you guys... Earlier this evening at the hotel I work at, this guy smacked his girlfriend and the hotel called the cops. They let the guy go... no arrest, no charges.. they said "have a good night" at the same time he was shooting his mouth off to the cops; "you can't F'ing charge me with anything, F' you," etc..

                    Goes to show that the wonderful policemen have their priorities in order. Letting dudes smack their girlfriends in public places... I mean come on now... I once got swarmed by 3 cops and a police dog for parking in a handi-capped parking space.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shaX 07 View Post


                      Oh i've got a great cop story for you guys... Earlier this evening at the hotel I work at, this guy smacked his girlfriend and the hotel called the cops. They let the guy go... no arrest, no charges.. they said "have a good night" at the same time he was shooting his mouth off to the cops; "you can't F'ing charge me with anything, F' you," etc..

                      Goes to show that the wonderful policemen have their priorities in order. Letting dudes smack their girlfriends in public places... I mean come on now... I once got swarmed by 3 cops and a police dog for parking in a handi-capped parking space.
                      It's also called sarcasm, you blew the responses out of proportion.


                      So, instead of just taking the information as is, you feel the need to be defensive and use some kind of anti-LEO story of yours to justify how the police are? Parking in the handicap space...you're lucky it was 3 police officers and K-9. Here, we have a police officer that is handicap from the waist down, in a wheel chair that loves nothing more than to hand out citations to the lazy ones who can't seem to walk further than 10 parking spaces out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                        It's also called sarcasm, you blew the responses out of proportion.


                        So, instead of just taking the information as is, you feel the need to be defensive and use some kind of anti-LEO story of yours to justify how the police are? Parking in the handicap space...you're lucky it was 3 police officers and K-9. Here, we have a police officer that is handicap from the waist down, in a wheel chair that loves nothing more than to hand out citations to the lazy ones who can't seem to walk further than 10 parking spaces out.
                        I just find it interesting how some cops let the big fish go to catch the tadpoles. Keep the real criminals on the streets, that's a fabulous way to "protect" society.

                        And just so you know, it wasn't an "anti-LEO" story, it was an anti-domestic violence story. I don't know how you feel about it but I would prefer it if the police didn't allow people to smack their girlfriends around.
                        Last edited by shaX 07; 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3338 users online. 166 members and 3172 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X