300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact or BS? (Pennsylvania)

If you get a speeding ticket and show up to court and the officer does not show, do you not have to pay?

Fact or BS?

It's true, 95% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
      It's true, 95% of the time.
      True.

The other 5% it will get continued.

Then you will be out 2 days work instead of one and still have to pay the fine and court costs.

Just pay the fine and save yourself the time and money.
      "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Around here, if you don't pay the ticket and show up to court on the date listed on your ticket, that's just your initial appearance where you enter your plea. The cop doesn't have to be there for that. If you plead not guilty, they give you a new court date and the cop usually has to appear then to keep it from being dismissed.

Comment

How fast was the ticket for? Most of the time when you show up to post your bail ( 1st court appearance ) the officer is not there. Then you are given your court date.
          If the officer does not show up, and if you plead not guilty, you will be found not guilty. UNLESS
          It is a major violation, such as 100+ in a 55 zone , then it might get continued. I have seen it go both ways.
          Philly used to have the court clerk read the officers notes on the back of the ticket and that used to suffice. If you lost in traffic court, you appealed to the court of common pleas.

Comment

Not too many are going to miss it (unless they're tied up).

The hearing will take MAYBE 10 minutes..... maybe.... and I'm paid for a minimum of 2 hours. You bet your butt I'm showing up.
            1*

Comment

The officer does not have to show on your initial appearance. If it is scheduled for trial and the officer is a no-show, the charge will probably be dismissed.

Comment

In NYC, generally the officer gets to miss one appearance, can ask for an adjournment, then you can ask for an adjournment, if the officer fails to show on the next appearance the case will be dismissed

Comment

Originally posted by bucksone View Post
                  Around here, if you don't pay the ticket and show up to court on the date listed on your ticket, that's just your initial appearance where you enter your plea. The cop doesn't have to be there for that. If you plead not guilty, they give you a new court date and the cop usually has to appear then to keep it from being dismissed.
                  same here....subpoena...yup nothin like overtime
                  In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

4hrs OT when I show.

Get written up AND **** off the judge if I don't show up. So I am showing up unless something drastic has happened.

I crashed a motorcycle and had to miss court once. I called the clerk and let them know. The judge let the ones who showed up get off, and the ones who did not got continued to my next court date.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3500 users online. 198 members and 3302 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X