300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses related question

I am close to pulling the trigger on taking an offer of hire for a city Police Department and am planning on getting Lasik in the next 2 years or so. I wear contacts, but I feel they are a bit unreliable....dry up, move around etc. Do any of you wear special glasses (i.e. sports related) while working. If so any recommendations would be great. I don't want to look like an NBA player wearing googles, but I would like something that stays on my head, protects my eyes, and can take a beating.

i wear presription oaklys i got off of their usstandardissue.com website. they were such a good price i got regular and sunglasses. i dont use contacts on duty because oc and contacts dont mix well and i go through a can every couple months.
    Last edited by luckydog; 09-01-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1cowboy View Post
      I am close to pulling the trigger on taking an offer of hire for a city Police Department and am planning on getting Lasik in the next 2 years or so. I wear contacts, but I feel they are a bit unreliable....dry up, move around etc. Do any of you wear special glasses (i.e. sports related) while working. If so any recommendations would be great. I don't want to look like an NBA player wearing googles, but I would like something that stays on my head, protects my eyes, and can take a beating.
      I'm blind as a bat without my contacts.

I wouldn't even show up for work if I had to wear my glasses.

I wear Accuview extended wear lenses, they're supposed to be good for 2 weeks. I normally go six months before I take them out. I've been doing this for over 15 years and other than getting chewed out by the eye doctor I have never had a problem.

When I get up in the morning I squirt some saline in my eyes and I'm good for the day. If they happen to get dried out I keep a small bottle of saline in the car and just add water.

Glasses are way to easy to get knocked off, or will fog up when you get out of the nice air-condetioned car (right before you get into a brawl).

Someday maybe I'll go for the Lasik, but untill then, contacts are the way to go.

(It also saves you from having to get a gas mask insert)
      "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by 10-31Mike View Post
        I'm blind as a bat without my contacts.

I wouldn't even show up for work if I had to wear my glasses.

I wear Accuview extended wear lenses, they're supposed to be good for 2 weeks. I normally go six months before I take them out. I've been doing this for over 15 years and other than getting chewed out by the eye doctor I have never had a problem.

When I get up in the morning I squirt some saline in my eyes and I'm good for the day. If they happen to get dried out I keep a small bottle of saline in the car and just add water.

Glasses are way to easy to get knocked off, or will fog up when you get out of the nice air-condetioned car (right before you get into a brawl).

Someday maybe I'll go for the Lasik, but untill then, contacts are the way to go.

(It also saves you from having to get a gas mask insert)
        I DO THE SAME THING!

Comment

same here with contacts. My eye doctor hates me, but i love contacts they do not get knocked off as glasses would in a brawl
          Alf

Comment

I wear Focus Night and Day and carry a bottle of eye drops with me. You can put these contacts in and wear them for 30 straight days and nights without having to take them out. Sleep in them and everything. I just put drops in when I go to sleep and wake up. Every once in a while they get dry depending on the climate but I have never had any problem with them otherwise. I don't even know they are there.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have worn glasses for most of my life....
              I have only had ONE instance where this became a partial issue. My vision is not all that bad, but if in the process of a brawl outside a bar in a remote Alaskan villiage a lense gets knocked out....well I cuffed the bad guy, yelled for everyone to stop and pick up my lense. Believe it or not all in the area got down and found my lense and one local sheepishly handed it to me...(command presence and knowing the locals helpped)

My functions were not compromised (it was wierd seeing fine out of one eye and a bit fuzzy out of the other with the lense missing...)
              Contacts will take a beating from the wind and freezing cold temps in that location.
              Out of 15 years that is the only time I had a problem, which was minor.

I wear contacts on occasion, when it rains.....I hate looking through glasses with water on them... :-)

Comment

I'm getting lasiks before I apply to Dallas, just for the simple fact I dont have to worry about glasses.

Comment

Ranger Joe's has some Airborne frames that are pretty stout. That is if you dont mind being called "space goggles."
                  Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4620 users online. 282 members and 4338 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X