300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the Texans

I just wanted to clarify a point, what is the official state LE organisation for your state, is it the Highway Patrol or is it the DPS (Of which I know the HP is part of)?

The reason I am asking is I am a collector of State Police patches and I have a few DPS unit patches, I was wondering if I should classify them as state police.

many thanks
    It was a bright, cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.

I am not from Texas, but I think it is pretty clear if you GOOGLE the Texas DPS. Here are the agency divisions:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/divisions.htm
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

The Department of Public Safety, however a strong case could be made for Chuck Norris
      "Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

Comment

You have the Texas Department of Public Safety which is a umbrella for the Texas Highway Patrol, the License & Weight Division, the Drivers License Division, and of cousre, the Texas Rangers.

When you go to collect the patch, if you get the current one, there is a yellow scroll across the top point of the star that will tell you what actual divison the patch is from (THP, LW, DL, etc.), other than that there is no difference in the TxDPS patches

And don't you dare call them the State Police! We had enough of a State Police force back after the Great Northern Aggression!
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Here in Arizona DPS is State Police or Highway Patrol...in fact some of the older DPS cars have Highway Patrol still on them...can't speak for other States but I would assume it's the same way.

Comment

Additionally, there are other agencies in Texas that are not under the DPS umbrella that you could classify as a State Law Enforcement Agency, or State Police, as you have stated.

The first two that come to mind are:
            Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (http://www.tabc.state.tx.us)
            Texas Parks and Wildlife Department - Game Wardens (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us)
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

The Alabama Department of Public Safety is a full service state police agency consisting of six divisions.

1). Alabama Bureau of Investigation
              2). Administrative Division
              3). Highway Patrol Division
              4). Protective Services Division
              5). Driver's License Division
              6). Service Division.

Each division is staffed with both sworn and civilian support personnel. Transfers and assignments between divisions are common.

Comment

Thanks for the information, gents, your assistance has been most appreciated
                It was a bright, cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3728 users online. 243 members and 3485 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X