Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OregonLawDawg
    replied
    My department pays for dry cleaning, but I have used an iron and starch in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• cityblusuit
    replied
    Dry clean and deduct at tax time

Leave a comment:

• i8547
    replied
    I wear a BDU style uniform, so I am able to wash, iron, and then wear. If they were the typical Class A/B style uniforms, I would dry clean without a doubt, which is the case for my dress uniform.

Leave a comment:

• C-15
    replied
    Originally posted by jb5722
    Class B's (our daily uniform) I iron myself. Class A's (court attire) I have dry cleaned.
    same here

Leave a comment:

• Traffic1
    replied
    Originally posted by GrayState View Post
    Free dry cleaning so dry clean of course! bad part is, when it rains I smell like a wet dog... must be the chemicals?

I hate that smell. But dry cleaning will help keep uniforms lasting longer and looking better. Tax write off.

Leave a comment:

• wyattearp
    replied
    dry cleaning as provided by our contract, so everything goes to the cleaner!!

Leave a comment:

• mtxpro752
    replied
    If you wash our 100% wool uniforms they come out looking like a quilted paper towel, believe me, some of our guys have come to roll call thinking no one would notice.

Leave a comment:

• NavyFiveo
    replied
    Either

The housekeeper used to do ALL of my uniforms, but now that I am single again and living overseas, I have them dry cleaned, including my BDU's which usually look pretty good after extra starch.

Leave a comment:

• chiefcop
    replied
    I prefer placing the uniform under the mattress and rubbing it with a warm brick prior to wearing......

Leave a comment:

• JLee
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee_1 View Post
    just hang it up right out of the dryer. our shirts have sewn in creases and the pants have a permenant crease.
    Our pants have sewn-in creases- everything goes to the cleaner's, though. It's nice not to have to worry about it- drop it off downstairs and take it off the rack a few days later.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee_1
    replied
    just hang it up right out of the dryer. our shirts have sewn in creases and the pants have a permenant crease.

Leave a comment:

• FPD GUY
    replied
    Wife irons mine and does a good job. I am very particular about creases, but she learned how picky I was with my Army uniforms.

Leave a comment:

• nuthead
    replied
    Iron and HEAVY starch. Nobody gets the creases the way I like 'em but me.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    I wash and wear unless I forgot to take them out of the dryer in time...then I have the husband iron them when he does his. I suppose it's because of the color, but his tan SO uniforms HAVE to be ironed, otherwise they look like crap...my black uniform is fine wash and wear most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    For 30+ years at the 'big-city, west coast', I maintained very intimate relationships with several dry-cleaners. I might have owned a Corvette with all the $$$$ I spent on dry-cleaning.

My new department issues wash 'n' wear uniforms. I had the local dry-cleaners press them, only, the first time. If I take them out of the dryer right when the buzzer goes off, they look pretty good. I keep assessing them every time.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5457 users online. 353 members and 5104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X