300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committed a crime or offense?

so i have been reading on some other post that on your application there is a question "Have you ever committed or been an accomplice to an undetected/unprosecuted crime" in this instance what is the definition of a crime? i mean i have smoked pot (who hasn't) so i am assuming i would have to put that down, but i havent done anything else that i believe would be considered a crime. i dont go the speed limit all the time would i have to put that down? i am not being sarcastic either i really dont know so that is why i am asking. thank you.
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Use common sense in regards to this question. Unless its some obscure law, everyone with a little bit of common sense should grasp what is illegal or not...and what you believe the agency is looking for. Things like have you ever picked up a prostitute...stolen tools from your neighbors shed...attempted to break into a place or attempted to harm somebody? Trespass? Think along those lines instead of the time you were drunk and got a bit too loud on a public street. Yes, technically disorderly but not worth mentioning (unless you were arrested for it).

On the other hand, some people think they have broken the law when it wasn't an issue. For example back when I was 18 or 19, some friends and I were in the woods drinking beer around a campfire. There was a drought and a statewide ban of outdoor fires was in effect. Well, campfire turned into a brush fire that burned out about an acre of woods. I thought this would be a career ender for me because I'm thinking arson. The BI laughed at me...

Comment

ok thank you. i figured as much to use common sense but i also do not want to give any reason for me to get DQed and i figured i have all you guys here to pick your minds so i might as well ask.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
        so i have been reading on some other post that on your application there is a question "Have you ever committed or been an accomplice to an undetected/unprosecuted crime" in this instance what is the definition of a crime? i mean i have smoked pot (who hasn't) so i am assuming i would have to put that down, but i havent done anything else that i believe would be considered a crime. i dont go the speed limit all the time would i have to put that down? i am not being sarcastic either i really dont know so that is why i am asking. thank you.

ME!

Comment

For purposes of your reply, a crime is any offense defined as such by the laws of your state. Okay, I know that sounds a little "in your face". If smoking marijuana is illegal in your state, then having smoked it as you stated, would require you to answer "Yes" to the question. Keep in mind that this is a fairly common question. It's not going to result in a DQ unless the crime is a felony, a serious misdemeanor, or one which has been repeated numerous times.

Comment

...campfire turned into a brush fire that burned out about an acre of woods. I thought this would be a career ender for me because I'm thinking arson.
            Nope, with one exception, in MD fire crimes require intent. That exception being negligently causing a brush or field fire on the property of another is a violation of the Natural Resources Article and it is only a civil infraction and not criminal.
            "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people [email protected], then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop604 View Post
              Nope, with one exception, in MD fire crimes require intent. That exception being negligently causing a brush or field fire on the property of another is a violation of the Natural Resources Article and it is only a civil infraction and not criminal.

Thats what I later learned but I went in for my polygraph thinking that I had committed arson and would probably be DQ'ed. I was sweating that one. The examiner put me at ease by explaining it (after laughing).

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop604 View Post
                Violations of Natural Resources article in the state of Maryland are Criminal, not Civil. Everything from failing to have your fishing license in your possession to hunting while impaired by alcohol. While some violations don't carry jail time, fines for most are a max. of $500.00 for a first offense.

Comment

Me too! Never, never, never!
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Not me either!
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      Not me either!
                      Or me...
                      sigpic

Comment

well congrats too all that didn't! (not being sarcastic either) i made a dumb mistake and know i will have some explaining to do. anyways i want to thank all of you for your advice. i only asked this dumb question to make sure i don't mess up on my application or anything like that. i would hate to get DQed because i wasn't clear on a question they asked me. stay safe guys!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5727 users online. 313 members and 5414 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X