NEW Welcome Ad





No announcement yet.

Automotive shop question....


300x250 Mobile

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Automotive shop question....

    If you have a car getting engine work done to it(pistons, crank ect) and because it was broken rather than for performance, and the car is in the shop for 4 months the guy bull ****s around does not get it done. Finally after 4 months the car is done and then when you go to take it, it wont start, there is another problem ( even after he said we had it running its all good to go)

    My question is do I need to stay with that shop or is there any way to get that car out of there without paying the full. I have already payed for the parts, but not labor and some other things like oil gaskets ect.

    The guy has been nothing but problems and i just want to get my car out. Thank, sorry for the longer confusing paragraph.

  • #2
    Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
    dont call the police unless you get into a fist fight. this is all civil
    Well I would not call the cops to come down, but in your guys advice do you think any thing legally can be done?


    • #3
      Civil matter......the police wont even get involved
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

      "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

      "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"


      • #4
        He doesn't have to release the vehicle until you pay in full. You can always see if he will work with you. If he doesn't want to, sue him in small claims court and file a complaint with the BBB.


        • #5
          Your problem is civil in nature. Your recourse would be through the courts. You might check into the possibility of filing a Small Claims action against the garage. Check with the Court Clerk for information on filing an action.


          • #6
            Thanx guys, i appreciate your help and responses.

            Ill talk to him and see what happends


            • #7
              Civil matter and the shop MUST be given the opportunity to make good on the repair contract. If you pull the vehicle out and go somewhere else without giving him a chance to fix it, the judge will likley tell you he was not given an opportunity to repair the problem.


              MR300x250 Tablet


              What's Going On


              There are currently 3921 users online. 238 members and 3683 guests.

              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

              Welcome Ad