300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself into a bind, not sure how to proceed

I've recently found myself in a bind that I fully admit was at my own actions.
    I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with my roommate. He started dating a girl who started staying with us. After she "moved in", items of mine started disappearing(xbox, camcorder, etc). I had him kick her out and filed a police report. They stated since I didn't actually see her take it, there wasn't anything they could do.

She ended up getting pregnant and coming back to the apartment until she could find her own place with my roommate. I didn't agree to that and since we were at the end of our lease, I paid my months of rent and started moving my stuff out.

I went back to retrieve 2 guns(1 .45 pistol and 1 12 guage winchester shotgun) that was left to me by my recently passed away father and they were missing. Of course, nothing else was missing from the house and her family has a history of theft, drug use, and criminal acts. I would like the guns back, but I am more worried about someone using them in a criminal act and coming back on me. I want to file a police report, but I have no clue where my father purchased them, or any type of serial number .

What should I do to protect myself, but also if possible, shed some light on her and her family to be under the microscope since I am most certain she was apart of this.

Originally posted by 15dayslate View Post
    I've recently found myself in a bind that I fully admit was at my own actions.
    I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with my roommate. He started dating a girl who started staying with us. After she "moved in", items of mine started disappearing(xbox, camcorder, etc). I had him kick her out and filed a police report. They stated since I didn't actually see her take it, there wasn't anything they could do.

She ended up getting pregnant and coming back to the apartment until she could find her own place with my roommate. I didn't agree to that and since we were at the end of our lease, I paid my months of rent and started moving my stuff out.

I went back to retrieve 2 guns(1 .45 pistol and 1 12 guage winchester shotgun) that was left to me by my recently passed away father and they were missing. Of course, nothing else was missing from the house and her family has a history of theft, drug use, and criminal acts. I would like the guns back, but I am more worried about someone using them in a criminal act and coming back on me. I want to file a police report, but I have no clue where my father purchased them, or any type of serial number .

What should I do to protect myself, but also if possible, shed some light on her and her family to be under the microscope since I am most certain she was apart of this.

UUUmmm...

Call the police!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HAHAHAH....

That was funny.

Comment

I would say take your roomate to a nice quiet place and step on his neck until his GF gets your guns back to you..............

Call the Police!
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

15dayslate, I apologize for the above posts. Apparently being an adult and giving coherent, helpful advice is above reach for some posters on this forum. Again, I apologize.

To answer your questions, you need to involve the police in your area. Since many of us don't live in your State/County/City, it would be difficult to steer you in a specific direction. Your local Police/Sheriff will be able to help you.

Some generic advice; don't leave valuables in a place where others have access to them. If you don't feel safe leaving things in your room in a roommate situation, those items should be moved somewhere they will not grow legs. Unfortunately, you didn't see her take the items. You can implicate all you want, and, you may get an officer to question her about it. Heck, she may cave and you may get your stuff back, but it's doubtful. Report the guns stolen. Do your best to find something that has the s/n's on it. Otherwise, watch the nearest pawnshops for your stuff.

-918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

I'll paraphrase for 918

Call the police
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by -918- View Post
              15dayslate, I apologize for the above posts. Apparently being an adult and giving coherent, helpful advice is above reach for some posters on this forum. Again, I apologize.

To answer your questions, you need to involve the police in your area. Since many of us don't live in your State/County/City, it would be difficult to steer you in a specific direction. Your local Police/Sheriff will be able to help you.

Some generic advice; don't leave valuables in a place where others have access to them. If you don't feel safe leaving things in your room in a roommate situation, those items should be moved somewhere they will not grow legs. Unfortunately, you didn't see her take the items. You can implicate all you want, and, you may get an officer to question her about it. Heck, she may cave and you may get your stuff back, but it's doubtful. Report the guns stolen. Do your best to find something that has the s/n's on it. Otherwise, watch the nearest pawnshops for your stuff.

And next time that you acquire any firearms at all get a good safe and keep them in it when they are not on your persons. That is the only thing that really irked me about this post. You inherited a pistol from your dad and then you didn't store it in a safe place.......there are so many things that could have happened in this story all with bad endings much worse than has already happened.
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

All other issues aside, the missing weapons need to be reported. Hopefully, you can provide serial numbers so that the weapons can be entered into NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                  I'll paraphrase for 918

Call the police
                  Stop.... you are killing me. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by -918- View Post

Oh look at you, Mr. / Ms. Allgrowedup.

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
                      what the heck? you cant say p i s s e d? i didnt know it was that vulgar?
                      Please the past tense version of urine.

Comment

Not sure if any one has mentiond this yet but

CALL THE POLICE
                        sorry could not resist that one.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Why in God's name would you leave guns at the house knowing that stuff has been turning up missing when she is at the home. I would think they would be the first things I would move upon leaving the place.

Comment

Somehow ... reading the opening post and the absurdities described therein no longer surprises me.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                              I'll paraphrase for 918

Call the police
                              ROFLMAO

*Coffee is now up the nostrals and all over the laptop* Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6028 users online. 330 members and 5698 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X