300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold duty weapons?

Does any agency (or any you've heard of) require their officers to not carry their weapons hot while on duty? Maybe with a full magazine inserted, but not with a round chambered?

Maybe a ridiculous question, but it was something I just thought of. Could this be seen more often with armed but non-LE positions like security guards or bankcar drivers...?

And what would you do if tomorrow your dept. announced that you could no longer carry your duty weapon with a live round in the chamber?

Seems like the TV and movie cops are always jacking the slide to prepare for daring do. (Sometimes, more than once, but with no resulting cartridge being ejected.)

I think some of the military cops run cold, but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
      And what would you do if tomorrow your dept. announced that you could no longer carry your duty weapon with a live round in the chamber?
      I wouldn't do it and say I did...
      "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Only in the movies!
        "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Why exactly do military police carry their weapons cold? Because I have heard that as well.

Comment

Many armored car drivers carry revolvers, which, in that case, is ALWAYS hot.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Why exactly do military police carry their weapons cold? Because I have heard that as well.
              The SOP says so. the reason? some dip **** thinks it is a good idea.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by 511R View Post
                I think some of the military cops run cold, but not sure.

That's going to be a big NEGATIVE.

We had saying in the Marines. If the situation didn't require you to be armed then the situation didn't require a Marine.

Comment

CG does not, not too sure about other branches but we lock and load before getting underway on any mission.
                  U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
                  Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

This is usually found on Army cops, the reason, LACK OF TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE as well as being led by clueless managers.

Comment

I don't think you'll find a single municipality, county, state or federal law enforcement agency that doesn't have officers' primary service weapon ready to go, if needed.
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I don't drive my car without gas, so why would I carry my weapon without bullets?
                        Geaux Tigers

Comment

Wow even if that were the case I don't know why one would offer up that info on a public forum for all to see.
                          We had a clerical person in our office who heard all the plainclothes law enforcement peace officers carry ony one bullet in their firearms...where do they get this stuff?????

Comment

Oh, you mean loaded, and one in the chamber of an auto,

Glad that got straigth, I worked in Anchorage, my service revolver was always cold.

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
                              can we all please use the term, in battery and out of battery? and FYI. action is quicker than reaction? so drawing a gun thats in battery is a heck of alot faster than drawing a gun out of battery and chambering a round and hoping to get the shot of before your perp trys to blow your brains out.
                              I'm pretty sure the term "in battery" has nothing to do with whether or not a round is chambered. You can be chambered and not "in battery" at the same time. FYI

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5906 users online. 347 members and 5559 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X