300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

Does anyone happen to know who is over the Sheriff and his subordinates? This would be for Chatham County Ga.

I would appreciate the info.
    www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

I may be completly wrong, but if he's elected, I think nobody's over him.
    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

nobody really, but the county commissioners would be the closest you would get here.

Comment

Originally posted by alienbow View Post
        Does anyone happen to know who is over the Sheriff and his subordinates? This would be for Chatham County Ga.

I would appreciate the info.
        http://www.chathamsheriff.org/enforcestruct.htm

That took one right click and drag, and three left clicks. 14-15 seconds. Way to do your research there, buddy!

I charge $30/hour, so I guess you owe me about a penny.
        Last edited by duke3478; 08-24-2008, 05:06 AM.
        LVMPD:THE BEST

Comment

A sheriff's boss is usually the people that elected him
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

The sheriff answers to the voters. That's the way an elected office works. Duh.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              A sheriff's boss is usually the people that elected him
              ^ What he said ^
              sigpic
              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

only the governor can remove the sheriff from office...in GA anyway
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Hey, write this down everybody.

Not only was I the first to come up with an answer but I appear to be right.

Thats a first.
                  "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Sheriff's Boss

Narco is indeed correct for the state of GA. The Governor is the only person who can remove a Sheriff from office. The "boss" over the Sheriff are the people who elected him. I am sure there is some provision, as there is with most elected positions, allowing the people to recall the Sheriff if he proves himself too incompetent or too unpopular. If memory serves correctly, the county Coroner acts as Sheriff should he be unable to perform his duties. Piece of advice AB, if you are thinking about opposing the Sheriff, don't. Unless you can substantiate complete incompetency or an heinous illegal act it would be unwise. In almost all cases, the Sheriff has been in law enforcement for a very long time and knows exactly what he is doing and has probably been doing it in his county for most if not all of his career. In addition to being competent law enforcement officers, they are outstanding politicians. Oh yeah, lets not forget the fact that every Sheriff in this state probably knows every other Sheriff personally as well as professionally. Let me repeat this for your benefit: If you intend on having a career in law enforcement in this, or most of our surrounding states, it would be unwise of you to go against the Sheriff.
                    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

Comment

The Sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer of his county.(In many states)Procedures for removing a Sheriff from office vary from state to state,and the removal must usually be for cause. As has been noted, the voters of a given county are the ones who can and sometimes do remove a Sheriff. This is done by not re-electing him.

Comment

In GA the Sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer in the county they are elected in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5788 users online. 331 members and 5457 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X