Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FL LEO's?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FL LEO's?

    ok, help me settle an argument -

    Off duty carry on school property, legal? or not?

    any difference if off duty LEO is also employed by the school?

  • #2
    Legal.

    Although if its a private school its private property and they can ask you to leave. But they shouldn't know you're armed either...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      Legal.

      Although if its a private school its private property and they can ask you to leave. But they shouldn't know you're armed either...

      nobody ever knows if/when i'm armed. it was just a debate between myself and an officer with our agency who's also a teacher.

      i didn't believe there was any criminal violation. i've always packed when i pick up my kid from school. the way i see it, that's when it's really important to - so many defenseless innocents, somebody's gotta be on guard.

      Comment


      • #4
        Off duty carry in or at schools by LEO's is legal in Indiana. Even if it wasn't, they wouldn't get any grief from me.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

        Comment


        • #5
          In Florida it's legal as long as you are acting within the "scope of the law" and would use the firearm in the same manner you would as if you were on duty. I have a duty to act if another person is placed in danger. I am not going to go hands on with a suspect that is armed. So I carry off duty. Every where. And you won't know I am carrying. Even my soon yo be wife, going on three years now, doesn't even know when I am carrying a gun, and she hangs all over me. I am that good. The only person better than me at concealing a weapon is Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris doesn't carry a gun, he IS a weapon...
          You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
            In Florida it's legal as long as you are acting within the "scope of the law" and would use the firearm in the same manner you would as if you were on duty. I have a duty to act if another person is placed in danger. I am not going to go hands on with a suspect that is armed. So I carry off duty. Every where. And you won't know I am carrying. Even my soon yo be wife, going on three years now, doesn't even know when I am carrying a gun, and she hangs all over me. I am that good. The only person better than me at concealing a weapon is Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris doesn't carry a gun, he IS a weapon...
            Are you still working for DoD? And if so, what's your carry authority?
            Politically Correct? No.

            Truthful? Yes!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
              In Florida it's legal as long as you are acting within the "scope of the law" and would use the firearm in the same manner you would as if you were on duty. I have a duty to act if another person is placed in danger. I am not going to go hands on with a suspect that is armed. So I carry off duty. Every where. And you won't know I am carrying. Even my soon yo be wife, going on three years now, doesn't even know when I am carrying a gun, and she hangs all over me. I am that good. The only person better than me at concealing a weapon is Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris doesn't carry a gun, he IS a weapon...
              that reminds me, my last wife didn't know i was carrying. she got mad at something i said and punched me in the stomach. well, actually it wasn't the stomach, it was the APPENDIX which is where i carry. all i heard was a loud "CRACK" and then her holding her hand going, "OWWW! you and that stupid gun" she didn't think it was funny when i acted concerned about damages to my weapon and functioned checked it to make sure she didn't break anything LOL

              btw - not DV, she was just playfully violent (most of the time), she knew how much training i was involved in and that (without a bat) she couldn't actually hurt me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                Are you still working for DoD? And if so, what's your carry authority?
                Oh boy...Here we go.... Lemme pull up a chair...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                  Are you still working for DoD? And if so, what's your carry authority?
                  how many times can the dod carry issue be brought up

                  his profile states he is a patrolman for a local pd.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                    Are you still working for DoD? And if so, what's your carry authority?
                    No, I NO LONGER work for D.o.D. I have since transferred to a local P.D in Florida. Pay is no were as good, but the work....now that's what I am talking about!
                    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sometimes I go right from work to class, so Ill wear my uniform with firearm on hip, and no one says anything.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                        Oh boy...Here we go.... Lemme pull up a chair...


                        Hey - just trying to keep him out of hot water.

                        Politically Correct? No.

                        Truthful? Yes!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by luckydog View Post
                          how many times can the dod carry issue be brought up

                          his profile states he is a patrolman for a local pd.


                          I know. Just making sure.

                          Politically Correct? No.

                          Truthful? Yes!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
                            No, I NO LONGER work for D.o.D. I have since transferred to a local P.D in Florida. Pay is no were as good, but the work....now that's what I am talking about!


                            Even though DoD cops and MP's aren't covered by HR218/LEOSA, they are still fellow LEO's.

                            It's all good.

                            Politically Correct? No.

                            Truthful? Yes!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                              Even though DoD cops and MP's aren't covered by HR218/LEOSA, they are still fellow LEO's.

                              It's all good.

                              On a good note that coincides with that, I stopped an Air Force Cop this morning. 50 mph in a 35 MPH (Construction zone). Lucky for him I recognized him after about a minute of talking, threw his paper work back at him, said "Get the F*** out of here" and left. 10-8, no action taken.

                              Probably one of the few times fellows Officer's don't mind getting cussed out by other officer. (And by cussing out I me just the f-bomb I accidentally dropped)
                              You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 158238 users online. 123 members and 158115 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X