X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gopu
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2008

Not paying taxes?

What kind of trouble can you get in for this? I know an adult that hasn't paid them and has worked for years and years.

Can he escape jail time if he turns himself in now?

He never paid them because he never got a package of tax forms sent to him.
  • 10-31Mike
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2004

Looking for advice? Is there something you always wanted to ask a cop? Only LEOs should answer questions. Please see posting guidelines.

Best I can come up with. I'm tired.
    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

• LA DEP
      Molon Labe
      • Dec 2007

He can go to federal prison for tax evasion......he probably needs to get a tax attorney ASAP
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• exdrip
        Head Honcho
        • Oct 2007

Will leaving the country and never coming back work too?
        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

• PhilipCal
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Gopu
          What kind of trouble can you get in for this? I know an adult that hasn't paid them and has worked for years and years.

Can he escape jail time if he turns himself in now?

He never paid them because he never got a package of tax forms sent to him.
          "He never paid them because he never got a package of tax forms sent to him". Yeah, that's a good excuse.

Comment

• rocky08
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2008

That's a big no no. Since when do you get tax packages thru the mail? Out here you are on your own. You just head down to your local post office and they keep the packages there during the tax season.

As it has been mentioned, I would have this guy get himself a lawyer as soon as he can because if he gets audited he's got himself a big problem to deal with IF at that point he can still get that fixed up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21336 users online. 52 members and 21284 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...