300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disqualified from the start

I went to the recruiter's office to turn in my application along with all the other paper work that I gathered. I have to fill out a questionaire that is like a mini version of the application. I wrote in the application and on the questionaire that I had used ecstasy back in early 1999. I was not aware of this but you have to be clean for 10 years with this agency. So long story short, I was disqualified but I can re-apply in 8 months.

Has anyone else ran into this or did you "forget" to mention it?
    “To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”

Carlos Castaneda 1925-1998

In AZ, you would be permanently DQ'ed.
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

E = Perm. Auto. DQ here
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheelman View Post
        Has anyone else ran into this or did you "forget" to mention it?

Never lie. They will find out, they will tell others, you will have a hard time getting a job.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
          E = Perm. Auto. DQ here

Same here...any hallucinogens..ever, ever....
          Cannot be POPO..
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
            Cannot be POPO..
            Same for depts down here, I can not believe that there is an agency that allows any time frame for use of Ecstacy.

Comment

One time use of Ecstasy is a DQ in Alabama.

Comment

When I was going through the gruelling process of becoming a Police Recruit ANY felony drug use would disqualify you in the process. I do not know if that has changed too much.
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

It is really disheartening of how your past can really come back to haunt you and will ruin dreams that you have later in life.

I hope that I will have a chance to re-apply with them.

Maybe I earned some points by being honest and not trying to hide it.
                  “To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”

Comment

I am a cop and I take E weekly with my friend Joe, no one has ever said a thing about it.

Last edited by LT Dangle; 08-21-2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                      Cannot be POPO..
                      Ecstasy isn't a hallucinogen, at least when I tried it. It may be different now though, that was almost ten years ago.

This is just my opinion, from the outside looking in, but I would classify ecstasy along with marijuana. Then classify LSD, meth, coke, and heroin together in another. There again, just my opinion.

Perhaps it is the harmful effects that ecstasy has on the body is why it is on a different level than marijuana.

What is the mindset for agencies not allowing any use of felony drugs in an applicant's life?

I would guess that it would be due to temptation on the job to use again and the fact that it is a felony may play some part in it.

Comment

Just keep applying and being honest it will pay off. I had something that I was told would auto dq me and it did at most places. I was able to get on at a small agency where I am doing my best to prove myself. I am sure I could have "forgot" to mention it and gotten by but I am glad I didn't.
                        “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                        ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                          Just keep applying and being honest it will pay off. I had something that I was told would auto dq me and it did at most places. I was able to get on at a small agency where I am doing my best to prove myself. I am sure I could have "forgot" to mention it and gotten by but I am glad I didn't.
                          Did you already have your BLET certification before you were hired or did seek out an agency that had their own Acadamy?
                          Last edited by wheelman; 08-21-2008, 11:05 PM. Reason: left out a word in my post

Comment

Originally posted by wheelman View Post
                            Ecstasy isn't a hallucinogen, at least when I tried it. It may be different now though, that was almost ten years ago.

This is just my opinion, from the outside looking in, but I would classify ecstasy along with marijuana. Then classify LSD, meth, coke, and heroin together in another. There again, just my opinion.

Perhaps it is the harmful effects that ecstasy has on the body is why it is on a different level than marijuana.

What is the mindset for agencies not allowing any use of felony drugs in an applicant's life?

I would guess that it would be due to temptation on the job to use again and the fact that it is a felony may play some part in it.
                            You've obviously never watched a kid die from taking MDMA (Ecstasy) then. It's not pretty. MDMA is right there with Coke, LSD, Opiods, and PSNs.

Comment

Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                              You've obviously never watched a kid die from taking MDMA (Ecstasy) then. It's not pretty. MDMA is right there with Coke, LSD, Opiods, and PSNs.

You are right, I haven't.

I did not consider the possibility of an overdose on ecstasy in comparison to marijuana.

Point taken.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4991 users online. 271 members and 4720 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X