300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Modified vehicle laws

Hey officers I was looking for a list of all unlawful modifications for a motor vehicle operating in Florida. I was told that even having and aftermarket radio in your car could get a ticket, also I heard if you install a turbo on a car it's also a ticket.

Some examples:
    Suspension modifications
    Light modifications
    wheel/tire modifications
    exhaust modifications
    engine modifications
    audio modifications

The only one I know of is modified exhaust, but that doesn't mean it's the only one on the books.

Comment

The laws are there...

Any modification to the exhaust that makes it louder than from the factory can be a citation.

Removing the catalytic converter will get you arrested.

Any modification to the exhaust or engine that interferes with the pollution control equipment is illegal. (There are however some legal kits for turbo's and superchargers)

Almost any modifcation to lighting is illegal. (This includes smoked lense covers, different colored lighting, some of the aftermarket headlights - especially the "colored headlights" are illegal) You have to look for something that says meets "DOT" requirements or standards. If it says anything on the package along the lines of "for show or offroad use" or "check state and local laws before use" it is illegal.

Tires should not stick out beyond the fenders.

Some suspension modifications are illegal, if they make the bumpers or headlights too high or too low.

Nothing illegal with the type of stereo in your car, it is with how loud the radio is played. If it is audible more than 25' from your vehicle you can be cited.

Comment

APD Sgt. summed it up well enough

BTW-Any mod a street ricer would want to make is probably illegal.
        Just because it is sold, does not make it legal.
        I got nothing for now

Comment

I was just wondering because my car has some suspension and motor work.
          Still has the cat and the exhaust is only slightly louder not crazy loud bearly even noticable, the car is pretty low and I didn't want to get a ticket. Heres a picture of my car I guess you could consider it a "street ricer" even thoe that is a ignorent term. If I got pulled over would there be any noticble tickets? I don't plan on speeding or anything so I shouldent but just incase lol

Comment

I would write you a ticket for trying to make a Honda fast.
            Airborne Cops are closer to God.
            Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

from what youre saying and what i see, the headlights look too low to the ground (looks lower than 24"), the exhaust it illegal, and that front window tint might be too low on the front. cant really tell though.

Comment

The front tint looks to be too low, and any modified exhaust is illegal. i don't mind del sols, and as many fart cans as there are in central Florida I probably wouldn't give your car a second look (unless you have purple headlights, I hate purple headlights)

Comment

Move to Citrus County. Everyone on my street has loud mufflers and loud radios and nothing is done about it.

Comment

I actually don't have a fart can it is just a muffler kinda of like a flowmaster, the tint on the front window is above that saftey line is it still illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by D.W. View Post
                      from what youre saying and what i see, the headlights look too low to the ground (looks lower than 24"), the exhaust it illegal, and that front window tint might be too low on the front. cant really tell though.
                      So the law is it can't be under 24" ok just wondering because the headlight bulb itself is at 23.5"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 257 members and 4170 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X