Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical examinations.

Hello All,

First of all, I do realize that this is not necessarily a military-orientated forum, but as it seems that anyone involved in either the military or law enforcement must undergo a medical examination, I figured that it would be alright to voice my query here.

What are some of the things that could get you veto'd from the military (I am currently in the process of applying with the Air Force up in Canada here) during a medical examination? I mean, obviously there are the red flags such as heart murmurs or contagious diseases, but what about the more everyday stuff? I know they look into your medical history as well. Any knowledgeable people out there who've been through a similar process and are willing to share with me, please know I appreciate the gesture.

Kind Regards,

Rhino
    Experience is a hard teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson.

Blonde isn't a moment, it's a way of life!

Originally posted by rhino View Post
    Hello All,

First of all, I do realize that this is not necessarily a military-orientated forum, but as it seems that anyone involved in either the military or law enforcement must undergo a medical examination, I figured that it would be alright to voice my query here.

What are some of the things that could get you veto'd from the military (I am currently in the process of applying with the Air Force up in Canada here) during a medical examination? I mean, obviously there are the red flags such as heart murmurs or contagious diseases, but what about the more everyday stuff? I know they look into your medical history as well. Any knowledgeable people out there who've been through a similar process and are willing to share with me, please know I appreciate the gesture.

Kind Regards,

Rhino

Small penis.

Comment

What about no penis?
      Experience is a hard teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson.

Blonde isn't a moment, it's a way of life!

Comment

Originally posted by rhino View Post
        What about no penis?

Well then it doesn't matter if you are qualified or not, you will get the job.

Comment

Medical DQs should be published in a military manual/regs covering recruitment. A recruiter should be able to tell you what they are. At least that is how it works in the US. The military looks at everything from the tip of you head to the end of your toes...missing digits, deformed toes, ulcers, poor vision and/or hearing, asthma, use of prescription maintenance drugs for various minor conditions, and the list goes on and on. You really need to look at the Canadian regs on the topic.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7996 users online. 377 members and 7619 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X