300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• didn't think I'd be asking this question

so this isn't so much enforcement related as a dmv issue but hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

I bought a bike from a guy on craigslist (the deal went real smooth). he hands me the title from the prior owner, there is no writing on the title so I'm thinking no big deal, its just like I got it from the guy on the title. anyway I go to the dmv and find out that the guy on the title had his plates impounded. great...anyway if I can't get ahold of the guy on the title do I/what are my other options?

thanks all, stay safe

i dont know about mn law, but here in fl it doesn't matter if somebodys tag was seized. that is their problem not yours. call the dmv back and ask them what you need to do.

Comment

if you legally own the bike, DMV needs to issues you new plates.

Comment

Originally posted by towingguy View Post
        there is no writing on the title
        If you mean the registered owner has not signed the release of interest, you will have a problem transferring the title to your name. To prove you legally own the bike you have to show the guy you bought it from legally owned it.

The deal was not as smooth as you thought it was.

Comment

I should clarify the no writing on the title thing, the sellers area is all filled out (correctly) I just filled in the buyers part (including the date of sale).

the dmv said I need a statement from the guy on the title saying he hasn't used the bike in x amout of time (due to the impounded plates)

Comment

ha ha ha, talked to the dmv again and they said if I pay for the last 3 years that it wasn't registered (at $10 a year), they will issue me new title/plates .

thanks all, stay safe

Comment

....and the DMV strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by towingguy View Post
                ha ha ha, talked to the dmv again and they said if I pay for the last 3 years that it wasn't registered (at $10 a year), they will issue me new title/plates .

thanks all, stay safe
                Why do you have to pay for the time when the previous owner didn't have it registered?
                summer - winter - work

Comment

Originally posted by JLee View Post
                  Why do you have to pay for the time when the previous owner didn't have it registered?
                  Because it's the DMV! LOLOLOLOL evil evil DMV!

Comment

^^^^^^^^ what he said

Comment

that's f%&#ing stupid that you should have to pay for some other dirt bags failure. glad i live in florida

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4079 users online. 261 members and 3818 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X