300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was going on?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I live in a nice area of Atlanta (Buckhead) and this morning about 1:00 a.m., a police chopper and many officers swarmed the apartment building I live in. The chopper hovered right above the bldg and surrounding area and was spotlighting for about an hour. I was trying to determine what department the officers were from, and the best I could tell (from the 6th floor looking out the window), the uniforms looked like Dekalb Police uniforms.

Anyone know what was going on?? All I could find on the news was the story that happened at 4100 block of Buford Hwy where the little girl was killed in hit and run.

A) No one is going to come in here and tell you what was going on there. There are a million possibilities as to why they could have been at that address. Use your imagination.

B) If you want to increase your chances of someone answering your question, post this in your local (State) thread. *Maybe* someone will let you know what was up, but I doubt it. Also, you don't even have listed in your profile what your location is (just "Southeast"). Not sure how anyone is going to know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Chit2001; 08-17-2008, 11:06 AM.
    1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
      A) No one is going to come in here and tell you what was going on there. There are a million possibilities as to why they could have been at that address. Use your imagination.

B) If you want to increase your chances of someone answering your question, post this in your local (State) thread. *Maybe* someone will let you know what was up, but I doubt it. Also, you don't even have listed in your profile what your location is (just "Southeast"). Not sure how anyone is going to know what you're talking about.
      With all due respect, I posted the location (city and neighborhood) in the second sentence of the post. Did you read it? Perhaps you missed it.

Comment

Yep. Missed it. Still, if you want an answer, try posting this in the "Georgia" section.
        1*

Comment

Yeah, had already posted it in the Georgia section also. Thanks though. Just not an everyday occurrence in this section of Atlanta, so thought it was worth an inquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
            the uniforms looked like Dekalb Police uniforms.
            Call the nice Dekalb Police Department and ask them what happened. Maybe they need information to crack the case, and you saw something of value this morning. If they want you to know, they'll tell you, if not...
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Yeah, knew it was Atlanta, but while I was staring out the window (like a little kid), I thought the officers has the lighter colored shirts on, which confused me.

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

They had a 10-88 right after the 10-41 occurred. Unit 7 Adam 30 and 6 Charlie 4 called out a Code 30 right after they were 10-6. It turned out that a 244.5(b) was committed, and the suspect was also wanted for a couple of 567(a)(4) offenses.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5220 users online. 280 members and 4940 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X