300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Spray...AHHHHHH!!!!

Since we never got oc sprayed in the academy, it was suggested I do it in a controlled environment so I knew what it felt like, I had my brother do it to me. OMFG.... I never thought that much pain existed in life in such a short period of time. I was blind and I felt like I was going to die. I felt like I couldn't breath. I stayed in the shower for a good 20 minutes until I could keep my eyes open. Then I went and got my face into a fan for a good 30 minutes until the pain subsided. Man I can say that it was the single most painful experience in my entire life. I have never been tased, but I would rather get tased over pepper spray any day of the week because atleast the pain is temporary with the taser. OC didn't wear off for about 45 minutes...

Good for training purposes though. I didn't see OC as such a danger until today.
    Last edited by Protect-N-Serve; 07-28-2008, 10:16 PM.

It's not that bad. Yea it sucks, but I didn't have the whole can't breath thing going on.. It just burned and blinded me. I think it effects everyone differently.

Comment

Originally posted by occ View Post
      It's not that bad. Yea it sucks, but I didn't have the whole can't breath thing going on.. It just burned and blinded me. I think it effects everyone differently.
      I think it had something to do with my past medical history concerning asthma. That or I was having a panic attack. Either way, I got through it, just glad it was in a controlled environment and not when I'm wrestling with some inmate. I think the pain would make me more angry to kick their butts if anything else.

Comment

Better now than when you spray yourself or when someone else hits you indirectly (or directly).

You now know how it affects you
        1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
          Better now than when you spray yourself or when someone else hits you indirectly (or directly).

You now know how it affects you
          Needless to say, I'm glad I wasn't near my church today. Many words said might have offended my fellow church goers if you know what I mean.

Comment

I get sprayed Friday, Any suggestions to help me?
            sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Get the aftercare wipes, milk helps, and DO NOT breath in when you are hit or turn to the side and get it in the ear. I did both and you can not do anything for the burning in the ear and if it gets in the mouth nasal passages that is usually what causes the breathing problems. Just take the spray don't rub the eyes and suck it up....Until you can get to cold water, milk, or even better the wipes for after care if you can russle some up.

Comment

Protect,

Did you get sprayed with regular OC, or deep freeze/clear out?.....there is a MAJOR difference in the two.....
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                  Protect,

Did you get sprayed with regular OC, or deep freeze/clear out?.....there is a MAJOR difference in the two.....
                  freeze +p

Comment

Originally posted by Protect-N-Serve View Post
                    freeze +p
                    Thats not 'just' OC.....its a mix of CS/CN (mace) and OC....which is why you were feeling like you couldnt breathe.....nasty stuff.....been sprayed with it several times by other deputies while in the middle of a fight.....

Lots and lots of water will decontaminate you fairly quick......dont touch anything sensitive until you get all that crap off of you
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

OC Spray

Use fresh cool running water and baby shampoo.

Comment

Good suggestions.. I'm going to get hit in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to it!

Comment

eman,

Later that day, go home and jump in the shower (cold water is what you'll crave).

DO NOT let the water run down to -you know where- at first.... you WILL regret it (I did). Like Dep said, avoid touching any place which is sensitive.

I've been sprayed twice. Once I was just tree-topped, and once was a direct hit to the eyes, nose, and mouth. That one took about 8 hours to wear off fully... with the first 2 hours being the worst. I like the fan idea above.... never thought of that.
                          1*

Comment

After you get sprayed, try to get your eyes open as soon as you can. It helps.
                            “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

When taking a shower after being sprayed, make sure if it gets in your hair, when you wash your hair, bend forward so that the water runs down onto the floor of the shower, rather than "down there."

There is no doubt that it hurts, but just wait till it runs over the boys....no pain like that!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5795 users online. 348 members and 5447 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X