Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L671
    replied
    Anyone here been prior fletc uptp student and lateral to attend CBP at fletc?
    Last edited by L671; 09-19-2019, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Officer 6419
    replied
    I am currently in a lteral process from a federal agency to a local PD. The only way to lateral to a local is to complete a 6 month academy. You must have an add on after FlETC to be eligible. To my knowledge only USCP, USSS, and CBP are eligible through MPTC.

You still have to attend a comparative compliance course which is 5 weeks. If anyone has any knowedge what the Comparative Compliance course is like would appreciate the input.

Leave a comment:

• Naui1974
    replied
    Does GA refer to CITP acceptance when they say "federal officer" in the info below?

http://www.gapost.org/pdf_file/eot_procedure.pdf

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    I know when I was DoD/DoN in Bethesda I could not waiver the MPCTC standards.

Leave a comment:

• fedguy889
    replied
    Originally posted by haulndak View Post
    MBPTP/UPTP are not enough by themselves to grant a waiver in MD. Your individual agencys add on (after FLETC) training must meet certain criteria for you to be granted a MPTC waiver. It looks like USCPs program meets the requirements since guys have been lateraling. Everyone is taken on a case by case basis so I guess you just need to compile your training records and contact whichever agency you are applying to.
    Really?? I wonder what federal agencies wouldn't get the waiver then..
    Last edited by fedguy889; 04-06-2008, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• haulndak
    replied
    MBPTP/UPTP are not enough by themselves to grant a waiver in MD. Your individual agencys add on (after FLETC) training must meet certain criteria for you to be granted a MPTC waiver. It looks like USCPs program meets the requirements since guys have been lateraling. Everyone is taken on a case by case basis so I guess you just need to compile your training records and contact whichever agency you are applying to.
    Last edited by haulndak; 04-05-2008, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by fireman123 View Post
    I have been curious about this same question. Does anyone know if the NJ Police Training Commission will accept the CITP for a waiver? Also, the possibility that County Prosecutor's Offices would look highly upon this, being that it's an investigator class? Any insight would be great!
    If your going for a PTC cert no is your answer.

Leave a comment:

• ICE Offcr
    replied
    I agree, not sure why they accept CITP as equal to a Police Academy/

Leave a comment:

• Meat
    replied
    I would certainly hope that no police agencies would take CITP as an acceptable academy since it's nothing like a police academy. I went through a real police academy prior to going to CITP and I can tell you that CITP will NOT train you to be a cop. It's an investigator's training, and it's pretty weak.

Leave a comment:

• fireman123
    replied
    I have been curious about this same question. Does anyone know if the NJ Police Training Commission will accept the CITP for a waiver? Also, the possibility that County Prosecutor's Offices would look highly upon this, being that it's an investigator class? Any insight would be great!

Leave a comment:

• SoCalFed
    replied
    Originally posted by DubyaB View Post
    I know in AL they will not accept CITP or any other 1811 academy for APOSTC certification. I know of a cpl former FBI and USSS 1811's who went to work for a high paying PD and had to go through the academy again. I would think the basic police school would be more likely to transfer over.

I take it they were hired as chiefs? Otherwise i'm guessing even the 'high paying' Alabama agencies don't come close to the $100,000+ per year salaries most 1811's make....
    Last edited by SoCalFed; 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fedguy889
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiller View Post
    I believe on AA County in MD and Fairfax and Prince William Counties in VA are the only ones that accept FLETC UPTP cert. It's only a comp. compliance that is needed.
    I was just told by Harford County, that they will

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    I believe on AA County in MD and Fairfax and Prince William Counties in VA are the only ones that accept FLETC UPTP cert. It's only a comp. compliance that is needed.

Leave a comment:

• DubyaB
    replied
    I know in AL they will not accept CITP or any other 1811 academy for APOSTC certification. I know of a cpl former FBI and USSS 1811's who went to work for a high paying PD and had to go through the academy again. I would think the basic police school would be more likely to transfer over.

Leave a comment:

• fedguy889
    replied
    Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
    A buddy of mine went for the Federal protactive Service to the local PD in Maryland. They managed to get him into the comparitive compliance course so he didnt do the full academy, but it sounds like it's up to the individual POST. agency
    FPS doesnt go through CITP, they do the police basic. I dont believe CITP s accepted by the MD training Commission.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3996 users online. 302 members and 3694 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X