300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POST reciprocity with FLETC?

Do any states out there recognize FLETC CITP as a valid Standardized Training for Lateral Hire consideration? I have been recruiting some guys and they have asked me this little stumper. FLETC is having trouble putting me in contact with the answer down there, and my guess would be it’s up to the states.

Thanks

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

A buddy of mine went for the Federal protactive Service to the local PD in Maryland. They managed to get him into the comparitive compliance course so he didnt do the full academy, but it sounds like it's up to the individual POST. agency

Comment

This came up before. I think Texas and Florida do.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I doubt you will find a state accept CITP as a waiver for a basic police officer certificate. CITP does not give you the basic patrol procedures which are learned in MBPTP/UPTP, BIA police academy and LMPTP (ranger course).

Look at states which have investigator or levels of certification. You might be better off on that route.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
          A buddy of mine went for the Federal protactive Service to the local PD in Maryland. They managed to get him into the comparitive compliance course so he didnt do the full academy, but it sounds like it's up to the individual POST. agency
          FPS doesnt go through CITP, they do the police basic. I dont believe CITP s accepted by the MD training Commission.
          Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

I know in AL they will not accept CITP or any other 1811 academy for APOSTC certification. I know of a cpl former FBI and USSS 1811's who went to work for a high paying PD and had to go through the academy again. I would think the basic police school would be more likely to transfer over.
            Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

I believe on AA County in MD and Fairfax and Prince William Counties in VA are the only ones that accept FLETC UPTP cert. It's only a comp. compliance that is needed.
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                I believe on AA County in MD and Fairfax and Prince William Counties in VA are the only ones that accept FLETC UPTP cert. It's only a comp. compliance that is needed.
                I was just told by Harford County, that they will
                Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by DubyaB View Post
                  I know in AL they will not accept CITP or any other 1811 academy for APOSTC certification. I know of a cpl former FBI and USSS 1811's who went to work for a high paying PD and had to go through the academy again. I would think the basic police school would be more likely to transfer over.

I take it they were hired as chiefs? Otherwise i'm guessing even the 'high paying' Alabama agencies don't come close to the $100,000+ per year salaries most 1811's make....
                  Last edited by SoCalFed; 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I have been curious about this same question. Does anyone know if the NJ Police Training Commission will accept the CITP for a waiver? Also, the possibility that County Prosecutor's Offices would look highly upon this, being that it's an investigator class? Any insight would be great!

Comment

I would certainly hope that no police agencies would take CITP as an acceptable academy since it's nothing like a police academy. I went through a real police academy prior to going to CITP and I can tell you that CITP will NOT train you to be a cop. It's an investigator's training, and it's pretty weak.

Comment

I agree, not sure why they accept CITP as equal to a Police Academy/

Comment

Originally posted by fireman123 View Post
                          I have been curious about this same question. Does anyone know if the NJ Police Training Commission will accept the CITP for a waiver? Also, the possibility that County Prosecutor's Offices would look highly upon this, being that it's an investigator class? Any insight would be great!
                          If your going for a PTC cert no is your answer.
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MBPTP/UPTP are not enough by themselves to grant a waiver in MD. Your individual agencys add on (after FLETC) training must meet certain criteria for you to be granted a MPTC waiver. It looks like USCPs program meets the requirements since guys have been lateraling. Everyone is taken on a case by case basis so I guess you just need to compile your training records and contact whichever agency you are applying to.
                            Last edited by haulndak; 04-05-2008, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by haulndak View Post
                              MBPTP/UPTP are not enough by themselves to grant a waiver in MD. Your individual agencys add on (after FLETC) training must meet certain criteria for you to be granted a MPTC waiver. It looks like USCPs program meets the requirements since guys have been lateraling. Everyone is taken on a case by case basis so I guess you just need to compile your training records and contact whichever agency you are applying to.
                              Really?? I wonder what federal agencies wouldn't get the waiver then..
                              Last edited by fedguy889; 04-06-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5366 users online. 314 members and 5052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X