300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Shooter Info

I have been tasked with gathering lesson plans and any other info for an upcoming training day for some of my departments new hires. Does anyone have some info they would send, I have to fill about a 4 hr block. I want to compare what I have been taught with others from around the country. Thanks.
    Email- [email protected]

My dept. doesn't have much of a training budget, so I had to pursue some on my own. I heard about TheBackup.com, which provides CD-Rom training for LEO's for free, you just pay $3.00 each for shipping. One of the first ones I got was "Patrol Response to Active Shooters." It was pretty good, and it was a hour long, I believe. That should take up a little bit of your block, and even if you don't use it, you can take some of their ideas to put into your presentation. You have to confirm law enforcement status to order, but it's a pretty good deal, esp. if, like me, you don't get sent for much training at work.

Comment

active shooter

Originally posted by DISH418 View Post
      I have been tasked with gathering lesson plans and any other info for an upcoming training day for some of my departments new hires. Does anyone have some info they would send, I have to fill about a 4 hr block. I want to compare what I have been taught with others from around the country. Thanks.
      Email- [email protected]
      I have a 4 hour Power Point presentation that I use for my active shooter schools. It is a combination of 4 different instructor schools I have attended. If you will email me at [email protected] with a phone number, I will call you on Wednesday or Thursday (my next day off) and after confirming your LE status, (due to the sensitive nature of the information) I will send it to you.

Sgt. Dan C

Comment

Great minds must think alike. I used to have a personalized license plate of 75INA25! Only other LEOs could figure it out!
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by JLib72 View Post
          My dept. doesn't have much of a training budget, so I had to pursue some on my own. I heard about TheBackup.com, which provides CD-Rom training for LEO's for free, you just pay $3.00 each for shipping. One of the first ones I got was "Patrol Response to Active Shooters." It was pretty good, and it was a hour long, I believe. That should take up a little bit of your block, and even if you don't use it, you can take some of their ideas to put into your presentation. You have to confirm law enforcement status to order, but it's a pretty good deal, esp. if, like me, you don't get sent for much training at work.
          does you dept have a policy toward "active shooter" engagements/response? this is very important,as it backs up whatever training you have. irregardless of what brave effort you put out to protect the public from some random sociopath, there will inevitably be an atty who will pick apart your actions without some type of guidelines.........
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Unfortunately, we don't have much if any policy in the way of active shooter incidents. Thankfully, as of 10/8, I'll be working for a much larger dept. in Texas which I'm sure will have policies in place.

Comment

Active Shooter policy

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
              does you dept have a policy toward "active shooter" engagements/response? this is very important,as it backs up whatever training you have. irregardless of what brave effort you put out to protect the public from some random sociopath, there will inevitably be an atty who will pick apart your actions without some type of guidelines.........
              Our SOP for active shooters is to maintain outside perimeter security and call in the SO's SWAT team. At most, we only have 3 officers working at any given time, but I'd still like to see my department training with officers from other agencies, including, but not limited to the SO to make entries during active shooting calls. We have mutual aid agreements in place with every other LE agency in the county already, but we may as well not have, because we don't train with them.

All the bean counters are worried about the costs involved, but the DHS has funds availavble for this type of training. It seems, the bean counters at my agency would rather "pass the buck" to the SO's SWAT Team, thus to the Sheriff. Out of 8 municipalities in this county, 3 have thier own SWAT teams, the other 5 rely on the SO's SWAT team.

This is the mentality that gets more innocent victims injured and killed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9719 users online. 343 members and 9376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X