300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitions?

Does anyone have any good diagarms for step-by-step transition drill's with shotgun and rifle? I really appreciate it. I am going back to some back to basic fundamental's and need some help with some details. I went shooting today and kept hitting myself in the face with the sling. Thanks for any help you can give me.

What type of sling are you using?
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

One similiar to this. I am not sure the brand. I could not find out the name. It is leather on a 20 inch barrel, about 2 inches thick.
      Attached Files

Comment

What technique are you using to possibly to hit yourself in the face with the sling?

Comment

I would lose that sling and get a sigle point sling that is designed for transitioning, but in the meant time, try this: grasp the forend and pull the weapon up and vertical to your off side shoulder. The muzzle will be pointing straight up and the entire shotgun will be on your off side, allowing you to transition to your handgun without the sling getting in your way. Do not keep trying to put the sling back over your shoulder when transitioning.
          Jerry
          "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

a three point might be a good option too, because you dont have to modify the gun

Comment

I would go with something like the HST Sling from Spector. ( http://www.spectergear.com/hsts.htm )

Then take it and throw a HK hook on the end or perhaps a mash hook ( http://store.botachtactical.com/itwmashhook.html )

Then you can use one sling for both your rifle and shotgun. Just add sling plates to guns and your rollin'
              There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7832 users online. 375 members and 7457 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X