Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its stupid. I'm not a social worker, I'm a cop. Nuff said...
    "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
    Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
    LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
    RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
    "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
      Have you read said book? There are a ton of books out there on this topic and I would like a good recommendation on one so that I don't wast my time and money on a book that is (a) no good (b)not credible, or (c)Have nothing that will help defusing situations that could get out of hand.

Thanks for the advise phlip. I like it when someone explains something that is to the point and easy to understand .
      As a matter of fact, YES, I have. It seems to have been mentioned a few times in this thread.

For those that find it worthless, you'd do well to learn the art of "talking." As I've gotten older, I've learned that I'd rather talk for 20 minutes, than fight for 2. It's not the be all end all but it's a start to another side of LE.

I don't know about 8 steps, but I've been using the 7 step violator contact for the past ten years and it's something that for the most part, defuses the traffic stop situation right from the start. Once you introduce yourself and your agency, ask for the license and insurance...you get the why am I being stopped question and you merely have to tell them, once I have your info and know who Im talking to, I'll be more than happy to tell you........haven't had it fail yet.
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7710 users online. 419 members and 7291 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X