300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive tactics and Handcuffing Training videos

I recently took over teaching the defensive tactics and handcuffing course for a Bail Enforcement training facility in my area and the previous instructor had some seriously outdated videos and training materials. I am looking for anyone who might have any training videos and or training paperwork from a more recent era that is a little more relevant. I am a skilled instructor at defensive tactics however really difficult to teach with no training materials to go off of. Due to the fact that this forum is public facing please don't post them here. Please send me a direct message and I'll share my email address for you to send them to.

Thank you in advance.

We aren’t teaching things to bounty hunters here. Go to a security guard forum.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

If you're a "skilled instructor" why do you need a video?

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
        If you're a "skilled instructor" why do you need a video?
        well as we all know todays generation is mostly visually taught and having videos and or training materials that are more current will help. I can teach hands on all day long but lets face it most people will forget the training unless they can reference it at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          We aren’t teaching things to bounty hunters here. Go to a security guard forum.
          Hey sir/ma'am not sure if you know this but most states have regulated the Bail Enforcement industry. What does this mean you may ask? That means we are now held to the same standards as police officers are, same training or similar training requirements, same accountability, require special license issued by the Department of Public Safety, Department of Licensing, Office of Insurance Commissioner, or the Police Academy, and oh yeah we do the same thing chase bad guys and yes we get paid to do so.

Did you know that also in some states a BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENT has more authority than that of a Police Officer when chasing a fugitive? Did you know that those of us who are the professionals also share our body camera footage with the local police? This allows you to build a solid case on drug trafficking, child abuse, weapon charges, and anything else we happen to witness while in the house that you can't go inside without a warrant. You see because the defendant signed away their rights when they posted bail everything we observe and or record or take off of their person IS admissible in court. So my question is why would it be a bad thing to co-operate and get to know your local Bail Enforcement Agents? Also the term Bounty Hunter is so out dated and it does not cover what we do anymore. A Bounty Hunter is someone who will chase after anyone and get paid to KIDNAP anyone. A Bail Enforcement Agent is someone who targets ONLY bail jumpers and ONLY goes after those who have an active warrant.
          Last edited by akarmyguy01; 12-01-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Mhefner5
            Mhefner5 commented
            Editing a comment
            How does a bounty hunter have more authority than a cop when chasing a fugitive?

No. No you don’t.
          You aren’t trained anything near what we are.

Go away.

Comment

No. No you don’t.
            You aren’t trained anything near what we are.

Go away.
            Ok not sure what state you're in however why don't you look up Washington State Laws on what it takes to get your Bail Enforcement License?

Further more every state is different. Currently we are working with the Criminal Justice Training Commission to increase the minimum hours required and the topics that must be covered.

You see we are on the same team just have a different objective. I see you've stated you have been on the job 30 plus years. If you come to a state such as mine you'll see the local departments play very well with us (with the exception of Seattle and Spokane PD) and the officers and command staff respect and love us. As they know what our training is for the most part some old timers like you we have to educate and teach you its not the 80's where you can beat someone into submission its now a lot more professional. Also when old timers like you try to flex your muscles we flex bigger and point out laws you didn't even know existed and that give us more authority than you and then we laugh as you walk away in defeat after you call your command and ask for guidance and your command tells you to stand down.

Comment

You go right ahead and think you know more law than I. You don’t. I’ve dealt with quite a few of you.

Bounty hunter is all you are. Your Bail Enforcement Agent BS is just another pathetic attempt by bounty hunters to try and look like cops.

So you are stating that you go through the same academy as cops do? You get at least six months of training? Then hundreds of hours each year? Right. You’re just a bunch of wannabes who are sitting in a garage “classroom “ trying to devide what tac gear to order from Galls.

Keep thinking you are equal to or above the Police. We know better and will happily show you how to handcuff when YOU violate the law and are arrested.

Your precious bounty hunter status does NOT give you LE or other blanket authority, you operate within a very narrow parameter, and the headlines are full of bounty hunters being attested and sentenced to jail for assault, kidnapping, and even murder.

Spare us the lectures as we’ve heard it all before. You bring nothing new to the table, and are just ANOTHER of many opportunists who create problems for the Real Police.

You and your ilk will ALWAYS be outside, licking the windows, dreaming of being a cop...while driving around in your CVPI you bought at an auction, wearing pseudo cop outfits,talking about how you are all better than cops.

You and your bounty hunter friends are part of the reason that states are getting rid of Bail. Didn’t see that coming, did you..?

Go away. This is a POLICE forum, not Iwannabeacop.com

Comment

You go right ahead and think you know more law than I. You don’t. I’ve dealt with quite a few of you.

Bounty hunter is all you are. Your Bail Enforcement Agent BS is just another pathetic attempt by bounty hunters to try and look like cops.

So you are stating that you go through the same academy as cops do? You get at least six months of training? Then hundreds of hours each year? Right. You’re just a bunch of wannabes who are sitting in a garage “classroom “ trying to devide what tac gear to order from Galls.

Keep thinking you are equal to or above the Police. We know better and will happily show you how to handcuff when YOU violate the law and are arrested.

Your precious bounty hunter status does NOT give you LE or other blanket authority, you operate within a very narrow parameter, and the headlines are full of bounty hunters being attested and sentenced to jail for assault, kidnapping, and even murder.

Spare us the lectures as we’ve heard it all before. You bring nothing new to the table, and are just ANOTHER of many opportunists who create problems for the Real Police.

You and your ilk will ALWAYS be outside, licking the windows, dreaming of being a cop...while driving around in your CVPI you bought at an auction, wearing pseudo cop outfits,talking about how you are all better than cops.

You and your bounty hunter friends are part of the reason that states are getting rid of Bail. Didn’t see that coming, did you..?

Go away. This is a POLICE forum, not Iwannabeacop.com
                I am by no means saying Bail Enforcement Agents are the same as the police. We are in fact very different than the police. It is very clear that you have had lots of bad dealings with what sounds like very bad Bail Enforcement agents who went way past where they should have gone. Me personally I don't drive around in a CVPI I drive a 2000 Ford Expedition no cages, no lights, looks just like another Ford SUV on the road. I don't wear anything that could be mistaken for a Police Officer until it is time to gear up for making entry to a house. I wear my jeans, Sneakers, Shirt, Weapon and a pair of handcuffs, My badge stays under my shirt or in my pocket.

This isnt a police forum it is a forum for all those who work in the LAW ENFORCEMENT field. So spare me your rederick. Last time I checked Bail Enforcement Agents or as you call us Bounty Hunters are a small part of the Criminal Justice System and in some states are considered by the Sheriff's and Police Union to work in the Law Enforcement Field.

As I said in one of my previous comments every job has its rotten apples it is up to those of us who are not rotten to weed out the bad ones and help them choose a different career field.

Good day to you sir as clearly I can't win an argument with someone who is stupid since you're just going to beat me with experience. It drives me bonkers when someone thinks there state laws or their municipality laws are the rule of the land across the country. If you wish to continue this debate lets carry it over to a private chat and I would be happy to discuss your side of the viewing glass for more insight on what we can do to help better your viewpoint to a more pleasant view. Otherwise lets get this thread back on topic of my original question posted at the top.

Comment

You are NOT in the LE field. Get it? You call yourself an “Agent”, that’s a self styled title with NO legal basis.

This is a POLICE forum, not a jumped up security guard forum. You don’t get to dictate the form and focus of the replies. You stated you were equal to the police. You aren’t, nor never will be.

No one is going to provide you with tac videos or training. You stated you were an “expert Instructor” . What qualified you? Watching more you tube video? Use those, Instructor...

You are not, nor ever will be, the equal of any cop on here. You are nothing but ANOTHER untrained idiot running around trying to look like a Police.

EPIC FAIL.

Comment

It is a Police OFFICER forum, but we do allow people in similar fields in the forums, though with restrictions
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

If you are a "skilled instructor" you should have your own training aids and Defensive Tactics Program that is legally defendable in court. I doubt any instructors are willing to give out training materials to a stranger.

Comment

I never watched a video to learn how to handcuff anyone. If they can't learn it by being taught, showed and practicing it or doing it. They shouldn't be touching a pair of handcuffs or a gun!

Sorry just having a hard time excepting you as a "skilled instructor." If you have to play a video for your "agents" to learn simple handcuffing techniques then you have no business teaching it.

I could teach a 5 year old proper handcuffing in a few minutes and not show any how to videos .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6632 users online. 274 members and 6358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X