Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get in better shape before applying for the academy. Any trainers?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get in better shape before applying for the academy. Any trainers?

Hey Everyone, I am looking to get in much better shape before trying to become an officer. I have a little bit of knowledge for training in general but not that much. I would like to expand my knowledge on training so that I can apply these fitness principles to my training program. I know that there are a lot of training certifications out there. Just wondering if any of you are certified and what your experiences were. I know that some certs focus on specific styles of training more than others. How would this apply for the style of training that one needs to become an officer? Or does that even matter that much? I am currently looking into the ACE and ACSM certifications but have not settled on one. Any help would be great.

After doing a little more research I think that I am leaning away from the ACE cert. It seems like the NASM, NSCA or ACSM certs would be the better options for the style of training for becoming an officer. First I would like to lose weight and then focus on more explosive, dynamic and routines that are good for athletic performance for the most part.

Have any of you guys ever taken any of these three or know of someone who has? Any input would be great

Comment

Hey everyone just checking in again. I have been doing even more research now over the last three days and I have come to some new conclusions about which ones I think I should be doing. After reading this article comparing the different training certifications I have come to the conclusion that the best ones are either from the National Academy of sports medicine (in order to go for their more advanced PES certification) for the NSCA certification in order to go for their more advanced CSCS certification. Both of these certifications are specialized in sports specific training which I think would be best in order to get in shape to become an officer. I would like to start doing stuff like plyometrics and agility drills as I think that it would be good? Any thoughts on this or these certifications? I am wondering if im just talking to myself haha.

Comment

delete....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8930 users online. 294 members and 8636 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X