Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Regimen

Hey All,

I am sure there is tons of things on here about this but I was wondering if you guys could give me a updated version or one that works well for a ex-football player. I am a 6'5 360 lb guy and I need to be able to pass my physical agility portion. I need to do 29 pushups, 38 situps and 12:29 minute mile and a half. The pushups I am almost there and situps will come. The running will also come with a good program as well. I played football for like 15 years so getting into shape will not be a huge thing I just some program to prepare me for it. Thanks and any help will be gladly appreciated.

Tom

Originally posted by Tfsgroi
    Hey All,

I am sure there is tons of things on here about this but I was wondering if you guys could give me a updated version or one that works well for a ex-football player. I am a 6'5 360 lb guy and I need to be able to pass my physical agility portion. I need to do 29 pushups, 38 situps and 12:29 minute mile and a half. The pushups I am almost there and situps will come. The running will also come with a good program as well. I played football for like 15 years so getting into shape will not be a huge thing I just some program to prepare me for it. Thanks and any help will be gladly appreciated.

Tom
    No offense Tom, but at 360lbs, I'm guessing you need to drop some body fat off your frame. Even pro linebackers aren't typically that heavy. Check the stats and you'll see those guys average about 6'1" and 235 pounds. Even with the additional 4" in height, 360 is too heavy.

As always consult with your doctor before making any serious changes in diet and exercise.

I'd suggest starting off with a plan to reshape your body, by dropping body fat and gaining/maintaining lean muscle mass. Several of my friends had great success by doing Body for Life, so you might want to explore that. Once you reshape your body, and get on a plan to maintain a new leaner body you can worry about really pushing to max the test scores.

Again, I'm not trying to offend you just trying to give realistic advice. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9886 users online. 476 members and 9410 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X