300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State post certification reciprocity with fletc and/or va letc

I know this topic has been discussed on several forums over the years but as far as I can tell none are really up to date. Hoping we can collectively put our knowledge together and create a solid up to date forum on POST certification reciprocity. Lets get as many states as we can. What states have post certification reciprocity with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers' Uniformed Police Training Program, and/or Department of Veterans Affairs Law Enforcement Training Center POST? Does your state offer 100% reciprocity? Comparative Compliance? Partial academy? No recognition?

VA doesn't waive any training to my knowledge (still a FLETA accred. and they don't like waivers)... I think DoD and VA (same training curriculum) will still send folks to their academy with FLETC cert.
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

• Sheepdog_31B
      Sheepdog_31B commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the VA does not waive their academy, as I am a VA police officer. Also I believe only DAF Police use VA LETC...Army uses Leonard Wood, Navy uses FLETC, and Im not sure what MC uses. This forum is more to see which states accept FLETC ir VA LETC for state reciprocal certification. But still good info, thanks brother.

Washington State is a no on both UPTP and VA, but yes on a few others, like BP and LMTP. Note that even those aren't guaranteed- all depends on the year. Sucks if you graduated LMTP in 2014, eh?

What is the Rural Police Officer Training (RPOT)? I've not heard of that course...

Please note, we do not recognize all FLETC courses as equivalent; therefore, please see the list below. If the course is not listed, we have not reviewed the training. If a LE agency would like us to review a course, the LE agency must submit the course syllabus along with the desired outcomes. We will not accept requests from applicants, nor will the course schedule suffice for review.

Indian Police Academy (BPOTP) 79 days Conditional Graduated work(s)(ed) as LE Officer Break in service – less than 5 years Graduates from Up to 2010

Land MGT Police Training (LMPT) 79 days Conditional Graduated work(s)(ed) as LE Officer Break in service – less than 5 years Graduates from 2007-2013

Rural Police Officer Training Program (RPOT) 74 days Conditional Graduated work(s)(ed) as LE Officer Break in service – less than 5 years Graduates from 2013-2016

Indian Country Police Officer Training Program (ICPOTP) 632.5 hours 79 days Conditional Graduated work(s)(ed) as LE Officer Break in service – less than 5 years Graduates beginning 2017

CBP Border Patrol Academy 89 days Conditional Graduated work(s)(ed) as LE Officer Break in service – less than 5 years Graduates prior to 2010

DC Metropolitan Police Department Recruit Officer Training Program (ROTP) 916 hours 114.5 days Conditional Graduated work(s)(ed) as LE Officer Break in service – less than 5 years

Customs and Border Protection Academy TBD No Curriculum Requested from FLETC FLETC Denied Request Denied

Immigration/Customs Enforcement (ICE D) 80 days No Curriculum Requested from FLETC FLETC Denied Request Denied

Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) 56 days No Review Completed in 2013 Denied

Federal Air Marshal Training Program (A_FAMTP) 36 days No Review Completed in 12/2014 Denied

Field Operation Officer Basic 89 days No Review Completed in 07/2014 Denied

Mixed Police Basic (aka) Uniform Police Training 60 days No Review Completed in 11/2015 Denied

Parks Law Enforcement Academy (PLEA) 90 days No Review Completed in 08/2014 Denied

Uniformed Division Training Course (DHS) 68 days No Review Completed in 12/2016 Denied

VA Basic Police Officer Training Course 40 days No Review Completed in 04/2015 Denied

https://fortress.wa.gov/cjtc/www/ima...2003-21-18.pdf
    People don't leave bad jobs, they leave bad bosses.

Comment

• hawaiitexas
      hawaiitexas commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder why only 2007-13 for LMPT, the course only gets more thorough as the years go on.

Pa accepts FLETC UPTP for a partial waiver of training.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Texas is TCOLE not POST, but here you go:

The Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, § 2.122, recognizes specific criminal investigators of the United States as having authority to enforce selected state laws by virtue of their authority. Prior training will be evaluated and approved by the Commission to insure it meets current training requirements.

(1) Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation;

(2) Special Agents of the Secret Service;

(3) Special Agents of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement;

(4) Special Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives;

(5) Special Agents of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration;

(6) Inspectors of the United States Postal Inspection Service;

(7) Special Agents of the Criminal Investigation Division of the Internal Revenue Service;

(8) Civilian Special Agents of the United States Naval Criminal Investigative Service;

(9) Marshals and Deputy Marshals of the United States Marshals Service;

(10) Special Agents of the United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security;

(11) Special Agents of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration;

(12) Special Agents of the Office of Inspector General of the United States Social Security Administration;

(13) Special Agents of the Office of Inspector General of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs;

(14) A person designated as a Special Policeman by the Federal Protective Service of the General Services Administration under 40 U.S.C. Section 318 or 318d;

(15) A Customs and Border Protection Officer or Border Patrol Agent of the United States Customs and Border Protection or an immigration enforcement agent, or deportation officer of the Department of Homeland Security;

(16) A commissioned law enforcement officer of the National Parks Service;

(17) A Special Agent or Law Enforcement Officer of the United States Forest Service; and

(18) Security personnel working at a commercial nuclear power plant, including contract security personnel, trained and qualified under a security plan approved by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Federal Officers must

1. successfully complete an approved Federal Agency Law Enforcement training course (equivalent course topics and hours);
      2. be subject to continued employment or eligible for re-hire (excluding retirement);
      3. have honorably served (employed, benefits eligible) in one of the aforementioned federal full time paid capacities for 2 continuous years within the 4 years prior to application. Service time applied to this section must have been obtained following completion of a federal agency law enforcement approved basic training course; and
      4. have a copy of all their military discharge(s) (DD-214) (if applicable); and
      5. have a current fingerprint return on file with FAST.

Comment

I went and got certified in Florida in 2013, didnt move down there so it expired in 2017. The steps to go down there for Equivalency of Training are posted on the FL forums in detail. As a UPTP gradate the only thing you lack is accident investigation training which FL requires. However they will accept add on training to meet the requirements

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12173 users online. 436 members and 11737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X